Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Miami II

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

weisswurst
Addicted!

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Miami II

Post by weisswurst » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:59 am

Jivermo wrote:Man, wish I had been in town to attend this event!
Hi Jivermo! I wish you had too! I told Colin I had my doubts and fears about crashing other peoples IAC apps but now that
I crashed Againes513's I feel like a pro IAC crasher! :pirate:
You are always welcome at mine in the future and I'm going to take you up on the visit to the "compound" you offered
me last year during all the rain we had during Colin's visit down.
I am looking forward to meeting you!
jeff
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

Againes513
I'm New!

Post by Againes513 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:59 am

Wiesswurst
You have definitely reached the "pro status" of an IAC app crasher!! Bringing your own cooler helped you reach that level.

Jivermo -
I do wish you would have been there. It would have been a great learning experience for you too... Next time we will be at your place putting that new engine in!!!

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:25 am

Thanks Againes513! I really had fun!
I will bring a cooler big enough to Jivermo's to fully "cater" the event!
Looking forward to the next visit! Colin, C'mon back brother!
jeff
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Yessir, Silver Bullet. Regret having to run out of town. It may have been a good thing, though. I am so over end play at the moment, so over removing and reinstalling flywheels, so over counting and mic'ing shims, that your project might have tilted me over the hard edge, despite the contents of Weisswurst's cooler. You'll have to tell me that machine shop's name, that butchered up your flywheel, so I can stay away from them. Typical Miami craftsmanship. Colin, I'm glad you availed yourself of the cottage. It's yours, anytime you are down here. I hope you fed the dogs. They are probably hungry by now.

Boxcar
Addicted!

Post by Boxcar » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 pm

no where here for a LlKE button?
I writ it out long hand.

LIKE.
1975 003 Auto Westy L90D

repair!!!!aug2015
Jan/16 Bumped mixture a few notches richer. finally developing HP.

1.8L/LJet/Pertron DVDA+PertronixCompufire 42/36Ham Heads/AA 93mm pistons/barrels.Porsc.Swiv.Adjusters/CromoSteel pushrds/ Web 9550Cam/55cc chmbr.,035 squish,8.6:1CR/German Supply VWCanadaReman Rods/Schadek 26mmPump/vdo dualOP8/10#low sender/Quart Deep Sump
Backdate Htr bxs,reflanged 914 4into1. Two and three eighths inch collector,magniflow*muffler

Againes513
I'm New!

Post by Againes513 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:31 pm

End play nightmares!!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Againes513 wrote:End play nightmares!!
I LAUGH at end play nightmares now . . . we all have to try new window seals all day next time. Somehow, feet lodged against the wall three feet up while you push with all you've got against a window that is clearly going nowhere is a whole different kind of excitement in Volkswagenland.
Has your flywheel taken leave of the engine and spun out over the guardrail across the field and halfway up the side of a house yet?
Actually, I want compression readings and Enrique update, any time, no problem, I am just sitting here hyper-ventilating day and night, right here.
Colin :blackeye:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:49 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Againes513 wrote:End play nightmares!!
I LAUGH at end play nightmares now . . . we all have to try new window seals all day next time. Somehow, feet lodged against the wall three feet up while you push with all you've got against a window that is clearly going nowhere is a whole different kind of excitement in Volkswagenland.
Has your flywheel taken leave of the engine and spun out over the guardrail across the field and halfway up the side of a house yet?
Actually, I want compression readings and Enrique update, any time, no problem, I am just sitting here hyper-ventilating day and night, right here.
Colin :blackeye:
I've been hyperventilating now for over 194 days now.
Working on the "2014 Results Just In" wrap up, and I am visiting all of you disasters, one at a time. I need updates from everybody. Againes513! Did you find your flywheel up in a tree? Are the windows keeping the rain out?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles