Deposits / Details upd 03/21

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Deposits / Details upd 03/21

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:51 am

******* Price Schedule - Deposit Information upd 03/21 ***************************

A Full (9 Hour) Day is $500.00
[half (4 1/2 Hour) day is $270.00]

Deposits are a mandatory prerequisite. All deposits must be in by May 30.
After that date, you may be subject to cancellation without notice.
Any subsequent requests for a visit need to submit a deposit *within ten days of your request *.
How's that for a bureaucratic rule worthy of the IRS? This is to lock in any "impulse buys."

The Deposit is: $250.00 (half day $135.00)
The Balance is: $250.00 (half day $135.00)

Your very best option is to use PayPal for the Deposit:
<78vw2000@earthlink.net>

and cash for the balance.

In the PayPal "comment" box, you shall put your username/real life name,
your address, and your phone number

Once your deposit has posted, you get an IAC certified red D next to your name in the 2014 Itinerary list. That is my contractual obligation to be at your door at 9:00AM on the listed day.

Deposits are non-refundable if you screw up our date or your household finances collapse between now and your appointment. Let the sting be soothed by your willingness to consider it a contribution to a worthy cause to help your fellow forum members keep their beloved VWs healthy.

Deposits are happily refunded if I screw up, or if any other unforseen interruption should occur. I will endeavor to meet you halfway, and I expect that you will extend similar effort to work with me if I am delayed by a mechanical issue.

***************************** Details ************************************

We will correspond only via PM here, through the winter/spring. Your user name and city/state will show up on the 2014 Itinerary with our agreed-upon date and a red "D" when your $250.00 deposit has posted and cleared. We will adjust appointments through late spring as I synchronize everybody.
Your balance will be $250.00 payable at the end of the appointment.

The day begins at 9:00AM sharp with a quick review of your list. We will modify it at will. Please have a real pen and decent white paper suitable for wild sketches that will someday be worth thousands of dollars (yeah . . . right) Valve adjustment will generally be the first operation performed on your car so what the heck, make sure you have a spare set of valve cover gaskets and a clean dry! work environment. Paper towels are good. Forget shop towels, they are $ucky linty toilet paper these days. Cheap paper towels are perfectly OK, they seem to shed less lint. GumOut carb spray seems to have made a comeback as far as suitability. Make sure whatever carb spray you get is SPRAY for carburetors, not parts cleaner not brake cleaner. Rustle up an under-engine pan that we can use as a rinse trap. Cookie sheets will work in a pinch, so have the house chef make the cookies the night before.

Lunch is usually just an afterthought, let's make it childhood simple if you have to recharge your flagging energy stores. Do not try to skip it if you are prone to running out of energy. I have seen customers go into a hypoglycemic fugue around 3:00PM. Assume that I actually notice when you respond to the question,
"Why does the heater relay only activate the heater fan after the engine starts?"
with a:
"I dunno, about a month ago . . . "

Our usual stop time is 5:00PM, followed by clean-up, test drive and the all-important Fill-Out-The-Invoice-Correctly Review (using your latest diagnostic mechanical capabilities) that will take us to 6:00PM. Many spouses have been pleasantly surprised at the new sound of a fast flowing technical exchange that we conduct during the invoice review.

If we are excited and engaged in our project, let's negotiate working past the usual stop time. Our latest appointment on record was 5:45AM the next morning. This year, we have to charge hourly after 6:00PM. This is so you won't be stricken with guilt, and I will be able to remain courteous and cheerful as we both help keep my finances solvent. If we go past 6:00PM in a substantial mechanical way, you will cough up $50.00/hr and we will both strive to be disciplined and focused (smile - the plumber charges far more).
Colin

WaterDawg
Getting Hooked!

Re: Deposits / Details

Post by WaterDawg » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:05 am

Amskeptic wrote:
WaterDawg wrote:umm...I though only the Delorean traveled back in time
Once your deposit has posted, you get an IAC certified red D next to your name in the 1986 Itinerary list. That is my contractual obligation to be at your door at 9:00AM on the listed day.
:scratch:
I'm taking *you* back to the Big Hair Eighties . . .
ColinCorrectedAtOnce
:scratch: How did you know I had Big Hair back then?
Attachments
207527_1074046404936_8132_n.jpg
Larry Jensen
Follow me at
http://www.WonderofWander.com

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Deposits / Details

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:44 am

WaterDawg wrote: :scratch: How did you know I had Big Hair back then?
Because I was there, Biff. Yeah, that's right, I was there with the Road Warrior when I was a Libyan terrorist.
Ahmed Colibar

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles