2012 Schedule 10-15-12

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vdubluvah
I'm New!

Re: 2012 Itinerary Schedule - upd 02 18

Post by vdubluvah » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:17 pm

So far it looks like you are not going through Utah.?. Do you have a route yet from NM to CA? Would love to be able to have a session in Utah. Thought I saw someone else saying Utah in another forum... any plan? If so, I'm in.
-Linda

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:26 am

jonyem wrote:Put me down for a day.
Looks like August, hopefully the weather will be better for you.

I don't know what we'll tackle yet, but I'll be working on my list.
You do that. I think we will be able to find . . . something to work on.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:28 am

vdubluvah wrote:So far it looks like you are not going through Utah.?. Do you have a route yet from NM to CA? Would love to be able to have a session in Utah. Thought I saw someone else saying Utah in another forum... any plan? If so, I'm in.
-Linda
You're in. Let's figure out when. I will also need your vehicle year/model, list of concerns from most-important to least-important, your mechanical aptitude, what you'd like to learn, work environment, dreams for your VW . . .
PM me?
Colin

jonyem
Getting Hooked!

Post by jonyem » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:43 am

Amskeptic wrote:

Colin
I'm sure we can find something, but can we get it to stretch out over a full day?
Jonathan
Late 1973 ASI/Riviera conversion.

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:56 pm

jonyem wrote:I'm sure we can find something, but can we get it to stretch out over a full day?
Jonathan
....chuckles
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Gypsie wrote:
jonyem wrote:I'm sure we can find something, but can we get it to stretch out over a full day?
Jonathan
....chuckles
Hey Chuckles . . . what you laffing at? We could blow an hour , even two, over at your place pretty easy too . . .
LOLy

BumbleBus
Addicted!

Re: 2012 Itinerary Schedule - upd 02 28

Post by BumbleBus » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 pm

I have a gal pal with a nice '77 Reef Blue and I've got a '72 Sierra Yellow campmobile. We'd like to book you for a full day, but split it half in half. That work for you? We'd be in the same location probably at her house in Columbia Falls, Montana (3-4hrs North of Mitch). We're mainly interested in creating "master lists" of what our busses need moving forward more than actually wrenching on them, but, of course, would enjoy minor fixes/tweaks here and there. We have limited tools and knowledge unfortunately. If you're amenable to this let us know and add us to your itinerary.

:rr:

'72 Sierra Yellow Campmobile

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:34 am

BumbleBus wrote:I have a gal pal with a nice '77 Reef Blue and I've got a '72 Sierra Yellow campmobile. We'd like to book you for a full day, but split it half in half. That work for you? We'd be in the same location probably at her house in Columbia Falls, Montana (3-4hrs North of Mitch). We're mainly interested in creating "master lists" of what our busses need moving forward more than actually wrenching on them, but, of course, would enjoy minor fixes/tweaks here and there. We have limited tools and knowledge unfortunately. If you're amenable to this let us know and add us to your itinerary.
I am amenable. Does she want to learn to wrench? As you put together your lists, also put together your respective individual goals for how you want to interact with your cars. Generally, we shoot for church parking lot engine overhaul with an adjustable wrench capability, but being able to perform a complete tune-up is good.
Colin

BumbleBus
Addicted!

Post by BumbleBus » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:47 am

Amskeptic wrote:Does she want to learn to wrench?
I'll find out and we'll be ready. She's smart. A school teacher and capable friend.
Amskeptic wrote:As you put together your lists, also put together your respective individual goals for how you want to interact with your cars.
Sounds good. We'll wrangle you a deposit "soon". Thanks for adding us to the '12 itinerary!

PS - If you're interested in overnighting let me know and I'll get you a little condo at the ski resort I work at for the night.
'72 Sierra Yellow Campmobile

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:54 am

jonyem wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:

Colin
I'm sure we can find something, but can we get it to stretch out over a full day?
Jonathan
We spent almost a full day on my vent windows and that wasn't even on the list... :flower:
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. - Chuang Tzu

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:26 pm

aopisa wrote: We spent almost a full day on my vent windows and that wasn't even on the list... :flower:
So . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . how are your vent windows these days?
Colin :hello2:

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
aopisa wrote: We spent almost a full day on my vent windows and that wasn't even on the list... :flower:
So . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . how are your vent windows these days?
Colin :hello2:
Well of course they are great. Too bad we couldn't get those cheesy (but they were made in Japan, remember those days?) window locks gobbed with silicone off. I think I actually found the other half of that clamp (at Bus Boys?) that keeps the post tight which in turn keeps the window from flopping around. I will have to see if I can dig it up again. I will send you a link if you will please confirm.

I also know of an early Bay abandoned in the woods and succumbing to entropic forces. It has one intact vent window and the other door still has the vent window frame. Would the part be the same assuming it is there and not completely oxidized?

[album]281[/album]
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. - Chuang Tzu

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Hey Chuckles . . . what you laffing at? We could blow an hour , even two, over at your place pretty easy too . . .
LOLy
my chortle/snort was that we could find a full day of work on just about any of our rigs. With a few exceptions that shall remain nameless lest I bring the eye of Sauron upon them.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:24 am

Gypsie wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:Hey Chuckles . . . what you laffing at? We could blow an hour , even two, over at your place pretty easy too . . .
LOLy
my chortle/snort was that we could find a full day of work on just about any of our rigs. With a few exceptions that shall remain nameless lest I bring the eye of Sauron upon them.
Whenever any of us IAC denizens hears someone muse about "can we make a full day of it? What'll happen if we finish the list by lunch? Does he give refunds?? " how could you not chuckle? Me? I laugh hysterically and wave over to Belle Plaine and whc03grady when I hear that. Then I cry.
Colin

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:55 am

aopisa wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
I also know of an early Bay abandoned in the woods and succumbing to entropic forces.

[album]281[/album]
This Bus may take a week of a Colin visit!

I know, bad joke.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.