2012 Schedule 10-15-12

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 08-22-12

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:21 am

Latest post of the previous page:

drozdenko wrote:woohooo..I have a "D"...

One minor tweak to save you from driving around Coventry looking for me is that I live in Bristol, which is about 35 miles west on Rt 84. (My town listed is Coventry)

I can't wait!

Thanks again for stopping.

Lee
Can we do you on the 13th or 14th? I just got a cancellation from MR. iwantmybustorun.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

User avatar
drober23
Addicted!
Location: Metro Detroit
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 08-24-12

Post by drober23 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:34 am

Cancellation? Does he really want his bus to run?!!? :-)
DJ

'75 Westfalia, '79 Deluxe
(plus more busses than sense)

In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 08-24-12

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:37 am

drober23 wrote:Cancellation? Does he really want his bus to run?!!? :-)
We all can understand his predicament . . . he just got married.
:flower:
(she's a peach, by the way)
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

User avatar
drozdenko
I'm New!
Location: CT
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 08-24-12

Post by drozdenko » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:10 am

Hi,

Weekends are always better for me with work etc but I think the 13th would work. I assume you wouldn't be 100% of that day until that week? Just want to give work enough time to get the day off.

Thanks.

Lee
'79 Westy 2.0L "Hiltrude"; with newly rebuilt engine (16k ago)..so nice to be reliable.
'00 Jetta TDI (new addition to the family)
'01 WE Jetta 1.8T (Sold)
'02 Passat GLS 1.8T (Sold)
'96 Jetta Trek (Sold)
'88 Gti-16V (Sold)

User avatar
iwantmybustorun
Addicted!
Location: Coventry, CT
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 08-24-12

Post by iwantmybustorun » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:17 am

Amskeptic wrote:
drober23 wrote:Cancellation? Does he really want his bus to run?!!? :-)
We all can understand his predicament . . . he just got married.
:flower:
(she's a peach, by the way)
Colin knows that it is with a very heavy heart that I have decided to pass on a visit this year. I look forward to our day together every year (and last year I even drove out to Oregon for a second visit).
ps - Colin, I will tell her you said so, but I'll whisper so that my bus does not get jealous.
73 Westy
1700
Weber single progressive
[Crane ignition system out]
SVDA and points

User avatar
retro1302
I'm New!
Location: Long Valley, New Jersey
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 08-29-12

Post by retro1302 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Colin, I'm a new fan here. I own a 71 Super Beetle and I'm writing this while sitting in my '65 Camper, unwinding from the workday. As I see you have a cancellation, would you have a slot available for another east coast stop? I'm in NW New Jersey not far off Interstate 80. Please let me know if a days visit is possible and the best way to communicate.

Stan in NJ
____________________

1965 Split Camper
1971 Super Beetle Convert
1980 Triumph Spitfire

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 08-29-12

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:30 am

retro1302 wrote:Colin, I'm a new fan here. I own a 71 Super Beetle and I'm writing this while sitting in my '65 Camper, unwinding from the workday. As I see you have a cancellation, would you have a slot available for another east coast stop? I'm in NW New Jersey not far off Interstate 80. Please let me know if a days visit is possible and the best way to communicate.

Stan in NJ
Hello Stan. We can do Noo Joisy sometime around the 18th or 20th.
Please PM me with your list of concerns from most-important to least important, your mechanical aptitude, your work environment (is it rain-proof?), and your dreams for your VW.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

User avatar
jimbear
Getting Hooked!
Location: Athens, GA
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 09-19-12

Post by jimbear » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Colin,
Are you sure you don't want to roll back up to RI after Pensacola? I got a offered a J-O-B :cheers: this past Monday, a week after the scheduled visit I had to cancel with you... #-o

Looking for the spring...
'74 Hardtop Westy
Pretty much stock engine setup

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 09-19-12

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:19 am

jimbear wrote:Colin,
Are you sure you don't want to roll back up to RI after Pensacola? I got a offered a J-O-B :cheers: this past Monday, a week after the scheduled visit I had to cancel with you... #-o

Looking for the spring...
Congratulations on the J-O-B.

I need a nice steady rock to sit on after Pensacola. See ya in 2013 or 2014 . . .
Colin :compress:
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

User avatar
jimbear
Getting Hooked!
Location: Athens, GA
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 09-19-12

Post by jimbear » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Amskeptic wrote:I need a nice steady rock to sit on after Pensacola. See ya in 2013 or 2014 . . .
Colin :compress:
Do you think you will do a run in 2013? Are you wintering in NY again?
'74 Hardtop Westy
Pretty much stock engine setup

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 09-19-12

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:42 am

jimbear wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:I need a nice steady rock to sit on after Pensacola. See ya in 2013 or 2014 . . .
Colin :compress:
Do you think you will do a run in 2013? Are you wintering in NY again?
Book now takes precedence. There *may* be a 2013 Itinerary. There might not.
Staaaay tunedddddd.
Colin :cyclopsani:
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

User avatar
hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite
Location: Portland, Ore.
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 09-26-12

Post by hambone » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:05 am

Oh you love it. Wacko.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

User avatar
Velokid1
IAC Addict!
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 09-26-12

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:01 pm

Hey Colin,
We are moving to Durango Dec 1st and a casualty of our relocation is going to be my bus.
Not sure where you are at the moment, but if you're through this way and want to help me prep this thing for sale, give me a shout.
Greg

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 09-26-12

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 am

Velokid1 wrote:Hey Colin,
We are moving to Durango Dec 1st and a casualty of our relocation is going to be my bus.
Not sure where you are at the moment, but if you're through this way and want to help me prep this thing for sale, give me a shout.
Greg
Colorado or Mexico?
I might be able to help you, PM me.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

User avatar
Velokid1
IAC Addict!
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 10-15-12

Post by Velokid1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Durango, Colorado. We're here in Prescott until Dec 1-ish. I may end up transporting the bus to Durango, then working on it there. In the spring. When Durango thaws. :)

I'm still on the fence about selling it. I sort of promised someone I would. But either way, I'd like to get it in excellent running condition... to sell or to enjoy in Colorado, either one.

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 2012 Schedule 10-15-12

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:12 am

Velokid1 wrote:Durango, Colorado. We're here in Prescott until Dec 1-ish. I may end up transporting the bus to Durango, then working on it there. In the spring. When Durango thaws. :)

I'm still on the fence about selling it. I sort of promised someone I would. But either way, I'd like to get it in excellent running condition... to sell or to enjoy in Colorado, either one.
I may be able to do Prescott in mid-November. Working on a house-sitting gig in Utah over the winter.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

Post Reply