IAC visits the troll in the dirty D'...

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

IAC visits the troll in the dirty D'...

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:56 pm

This was Colin's first visit to my new (to me) home in St. Clair Shores.... evidently his internal GPS malfunctioned and he got off the wrong exit in the wrong neighborhood.... but I'll let Colin tell that story.

After the requisite cup of coffee and hour reaquainting session, it was down to business. We took a look at my list, which was a bit of a smorgasbord of various things..... I told Colin "Hey, today is going to be an easy day ... nooo big projects... just a intsy winsy little exhaust stud, and a few other miscellany things.." Needless to say I spoke too soon.... we started about 10:30a and finished about 10:30p.

So what did we get done?

- tapped and drilled one exhaust stud
- JB welded/hammered and prayed over two more exhaust studs (shhhh colin... the JB weld is our little secret, ok?)
- replaced a cv boot
= replaced all of the pushrod tubes and seals
- fixed an extremely annoying oil leak at my drain plug
- adjusted and lubricated the shift linkage
- changed the oil
- and last but not least, determined, that it, in fact did NOT have ANY hydraulic lifters. Which really flummoxed me ... I had swore up and down that I had one. But we pulled out the two lifters from the cylinder which I 'knew' had a hydraulic lifter, and low and behold, both were solids.... go figure.

Oh yeah, gave the bus a new name ' three legged dog' had waay too many syllables, it is now known as simply 'tripod'.

All in all a successful and productive visit. :flower:

Cheers,
Mike
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: IAC visits the troll in the dirty D'...

Post by Sylvester » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:39 pm

10:30 to 10:30? Wow, that is a marathon day! Did you get any pictures?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:28 am

Sylvester wrote: Did you get any pictures?
Yes. We want know that you christened your new driveway Peter Aschwanden style.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:28 am

Naa, that wasn't a marathon... we did two 9a - 2a when swapped the engine several years ago. But to answer your questions, I didn't take any, but think Colin might have snapped a few.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:25 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:Naa, that wasn't a marathon... we did two 9a - 2a when swapped the engine several years ago. But to answer your questions, I didn't take any, but think Colin might have snapped a few.
Oh, it was a marathon all right. My teeth still hurt.

http://itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewtop ... =65&t=9692
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles