Itinerant Air-Cooled Florida-to-Maine

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Itinerant Air-Cooled Florida-to-Maine

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Coming up.

Had an appointment with midatlanticys and his lovely wife in Jackson Mississippi at phileides' house before they embarked upon their own itinerant adventure in the American southeast. Good people, all of them.

Stopped to see my brother and his new Hi-Def MegaPlasma BigScreen SurroundSound ComputerWired BlueRay MediaMadness rig, "what movie? any movie!" so I said "Avatar!" and that was a good choice, amazing definition color sound, it was sensorily entrancing. So after sucking down the electricity grid, what are two Americans to do but go suck up petroleum reserves in the name of Jet-Skiing across the placid quiet lake? It was a lovely breeze, and the textures of the water at-speed were lovely, and the sport of reading waves and wakes and centers-of-gravity of small watercraft was challenging.

Went to Florida. Had an Itinerant Air-Cooled day with eztobemyself and his 1979 California Westfalia with real California Hall Effect Ignition and Oxygen Sensor and Hated Hot Catalytic Converter. It looks like we will have a new Itinerant Air-Cooled Neophyte Engine Builder in our midst as he addresses the 60 psi in cylinder #3 at some point in the future. It shall be a fine car some day, and the new owner looks to be devoted to his "Jenni".

Tomorrow, it is off to the final leg of the 2010 Itinerary, to confront, to address, to overcome, to accept, to adapt, to . . . cooler weather.
Colin

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:59 pm

And the beat goes on.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Florida-to-Maine

Post by Hippie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Amskeptic wrote:cooler weather.

I could. I could live with that. I could at that level of snow and temperatures not much below freezing.

It's the claustrophobic back breaking exhaustion of 5-6 feet in the season. And the blood thickening, skin burning cold.
These I cannot deal with and am in denial of the inevitability.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:41 pm

pshaw. 90+ in Irvine today, and it's cooling down to a more modest 85 for the rest of the week. Colin, I implore you, don't subject your diet Coke ravaged senses to the evil that is New England winter. You must come south; the birds do it, the old people do it. Go West, young man! Go west and search out your fortune in the Golden State!

We could put a Subaru 6 cylinder in.... heh.

Lanval

PS ~ enjoy the autumn leaves, the New England fall. I've always wanted to see it; but winter? No, that's another story. A horror story.

Best,

L

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Safe travels! Are you coming westward through Ohio again?

Don-who-loves-his-catalytic-converter-and-new-shiny-trim-rings

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:12 am

Winter is good. It keeps people from retiring up here and driving slow in the left lane. Besides, how do you ski with no snow?

For the record I do have a "serious meat" snowblower that I only used twice last year.

Call me on my cell a few days before you come as we are likely to be "leaf peeping" in ME, NH, and VT very soon.
79 VW Bus

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:19 am

Randy in Maine wrote:Winter is good. It keeps people from retiring up here and driving slow in the left lane. Besides, how do you ski with no snow?

For the record I do have a "serious meat" snowblower that I only used twice last year.

Call me on my cell a few days before you come as we are likely to be "leaf peeping" in ME, NH, and VT very soon.
My "serious meat" snowthrower is a good old fashioned shovel. Aye carumba!

[albumimg]2335[/albumimg]

At least we're down to one winter car to clear off now. Let me enjoy autumn while it lasts.
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Lanval wrote:I implore you, don't subject your diet Coke ravaged senses to the evil that is New England winter.
Let's treat you to a little Strunk & White "Elements of Style" chastisement, shall we?

"Diet Coke ravaged senses" ?

Your point is well-taken however . . .
:flower:

jimbear
Getting Hooked!

Strunk & White "Elements of Style"

Post by jimbear » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Colin, Strunk & White "Elements of Style"? You pass the security test and are officially welcome at my abode.

Come on folks, it may be overcast 90% of the time as of late and it is humid as he!! and the temps are going from 75 to 55 in a matter of a few hours and the winds are blowing, but it ain't winter yet and won't be on the 9th. :cheers: Looking forward to the IAC visit to Rhodie.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:35 pm

vwlover77 wrote:Safe travels! Are you coming westward through Ohio again?

Don-who-loves-his-catalytic-converter-and-new-shiny-trim-rings
Yes.
ColinSansTrimRings