Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Indiana oy

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Indiana oy

Post by Amskeptic » Mon May 31, 2010 7:19 am

We have to continue the saga of "Bus Depot Engine 2.0" in the Type 2 Forum.

It is a story of great hope, great heart, great grit, good faith effort, financial investment, a real true desire to do the job right ........

......... crashing into errors - "Bus Depot Engine 2.0" (page 9 or 10)

This beautiful bus has to wait a while longer before it can hit the road.
Colin

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Indiana oy

Post by dtrumbo » Mon May 31, 2010 8:53 am

Amskeptic wrote:This beautiful bus has to wait a while longer before it can hit the road.
Colin
Sad to hear. Beautiful bus, yes. Rivaled only by that BEAUTIFUL SHOP!!! I thought mine was nice, but that is amazing! Poptop Tom and Amishman now claim the top two positions on the 'nicest-shop-ever!' list. Mmmm, lift!

- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

poptop tom
Old School!

Post by poptop tom » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:07 am

Colin,

I just want to say thank you - for EVERYTHING! Working with you was so easy. My nervousness was gone after 5 minutes! lol

I thoroughly enjoyed our visit, despite our misfortunes (or fortunes!). I learned so much from you in that "short" amount of time. Yet I can't wait to learn so much more. You instilled in me the confidence that I can do this. I know that I can now. The fear factor is almost gone, and I am actually excited to do it myself. I just hope Jake can get the cam gear issue resolved. I have not heard back from him at this time.

Thank you again. And next time, we will take a break for a sandwich. Or go for a brew and sandwich after. :cheers:
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"

poptop tom
Old School!

Re: Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Indiana oy

Post by poptop tom » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:10 am

dtrumbo wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:This beautiful bus has to wait a while longer before it can hit the road.
Colin
Sad to hear. Beautiful bus, yes. Rivaled only by that BEAUTIFUL SHOP!!! I thought mine was nice, but that is amazing! Poptop Tom and Amishman now claim the top two positions on the 'nicest-shop-ever!' list. Mmmm, lift!

Dick, thank you for the kind words. I wish I could lay claim as the actual owner of that shop! I run a private golf course, and am the very lucky recipient of much room to store my bus and my bus' belongings here at the maintenance building. As well as have the lift to assist when necessary!
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:31 am

That's even better! You have use of it and don't have to bear the cost of it. My shop always needs some kind of doo-dad that ends up costing as much as one of my kids!

You're a lucky man!
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!