Truncated Wrap-Up Itinerary

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Truncated Wrap-Up Itinerary

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:08 am

I cannot just sit here and play wounded. Stiff neck and back, sore ankle bones and an annoyed left hip is just not enough to stop me.

I am due in Saint Louis on October 2nd or 3rd. Between now and then I have had several requests that I would like to honor. I would like to stop by Troll's (Detroit MI) Patch and I want to stop in Chicago to visit with BobD and Chitwnvw and turk and any other Chicago gang who want to play pool and drink a beer (here's to life). There are a couple of Pennsylvania folk, please chime in. I am fuzzy and confused, so please bear with me.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:31 am

Take the Lexus! Take the Lexus! :cheers: :bounce:
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Re: Truncated Wrap-Up Itinerary

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Amskeptic wrote:I cannot just sit here and play wounded. Stiff neck and back, sore ankle bones and an annoyed left hip is just not enough to stop me.

I am due in Saint Louis on October 2nd or 3rd. Between now and then I have had several requests that I would like to honor. I would like to stop by Troll's (Detroit MI) Patch I am fuzzy and confused, so please bear with me.
Colin
I've been traveling heavily for work....if you're still up to it, pick a weekend (except 9/19th and 20th) and we'll make it happen.... I hope to have most of the work done before you get here...leave more time for armchair philosophizing, drinking beer, and eating White Castles. :flower:
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

hercdriver
Getting Hooked!

Re: Truncated Wrap-Up Itinerary

Post by hercdriver » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Amskeptic wrote:There are a couple of Pennsylvania folk, please chime in.
Hi Colin,

I'm one of the Pennsylvania (Beaver, PA) folks. It'd be great to meet you, but a wait until Spring is really no big deal. Like yourself I'm on the road a good deal. I've also got a bit of an erratic schedule.

Home Sept. 15-20 and 26-30.

Let me know if that will mesh with your plans.

Dave
66 Beetle
75 Westy

Remember that there is nothing stable in human affairs; therefore avoid undue elation in prosperity, or undue depression in adversity. -Socrates

jl74supercab
Getting Hooked!

Post by jl74supercab » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:36 pm

I can do about any day with a two day notice.
I can also wait until spring if that works better for you.
Beer has been known to have been drunk in NJ as well.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:55 pm

I'll keep an eye on when you are heading through. I'll get the crew together for a game of pool, or two or three, and a beer, or two or three.

the sage
Bus Ad Archivist

Post by the sage » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey Colin,

We are finishing up the complete rebuild of Mike's Champagne Edition engine. You looked at it last visit. It would be at long block stage by the 18th or 19th. I could ask him if he is up for another visit to look things over in an IAC capacity.

The weather is going to be amazing for the next few weeks. If you just want a little time on a sugar beach, come on up, I will set you up with the 77 westy and point you to the best places to hang out for a while. Let me know... sage -AT- vwsage.com

Weather
+

P.S. our local brewer just took first at the Michigan Beer Festival best ale, at least one growler would be waiting for you.
1977 Sage Deluxe Campermobile

Visit VW Sage Ad World Today!

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Does that Sage Green Westy have a custom maple interior, and hankook tires alll the way around? If so, I was drooling over it out near Manton at a campsite back in mid/late June this year.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Runamuck Bus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Runamuck Bus » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:52 pm

09/27 - only day available. These other factors apply -
I was not on the 'original' 2009 schedule
I will be largely unprepared
I will be worn out from traveling
I have no idea how I will pay or where the money is coming from
Lynn will kill me when she finds out I'm even considering this
I have no 'work plan' other than 'get it out of the garage'

So, you up for it?
I am going to be darned hard to get a hold of for the next two weeks, but if there is interest, I will find a way to stay in touch.
Endeavor to Persevere.
'72 Weekender

Manfred
Old School!

Post by Manfred » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:28 am

I'd be up for some beer and pool, but I have a trip planned for the first weekend in October.
1978 Westy FI
hambone wrote:Some times ya gotta wing it.

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:18 am

Would you be passing through northeast Ohio at some point in the trip? I would like to meet up with you and Sean for a social call. You need to see his '59 Westy - it turned out beautifully.

Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

the sage
Bus Ad Archivist

Post by the sage » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:52 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:Does that Sage Green Westy have a custom maple interior, and hankook tires alll the way around? If so, I was drooling over it out near Manton at a campsite back in mid/late June this year.
Not much custom about it... Vanco 4 tires, and a mint condition interior I located this spring. I believe that the bus in question is owned by a guy in Grand Rapids, and I agree, it is a masterpiece.

This thread should be renamed "Bidding for Colin's attention". He certainly has lots of options.
1977 Sage Deluxe Campermobile

Visit VW Sage Ad World Today!

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:30 am

Ah, people vying for Colin's attention, like a hyper dog in the yard:

Colin, are you coming back to the ATL in October? I have a few things I can do, but I am wondering if you could help me do the windshield replacement? And the rusty channel horrors that dwell beneath.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:09 am

I am on my way to Syracuse today, Saturday, to see if vdubtech and I can do a valve adjustment on the Lexus. The dealer wanted $875.00 to do it, "hey it DOES include a valve cover gasket set you know."

Then I am going to visit my folks (you kinda have to after telling your mom you were in a head-on collision), yes Sylvester we can get you in October 7/8/9/ ish. Then I will have to go to Colorado/Washington and maybe pick up some work to pay for gas/lodging.

The Lexus needs to tell me more directly if it is in the mood for this kind of driving. It i$ the $ort of car that will puni$h far more deeply than any VW bus if it $tart$ to feel $ick . . . :cyclopsani:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

jl74supercab
Getting Hooked!

Post by jl74supercab » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Colin - I read your update on the 2009 Itinerary Sticky. While I was looking forward to your visit, I completely understand.
I wish you well in the abridged version of your itinerary and hope you regain the strength and composure you had in the past.
You are a unique and strong person who has taken paths others may not have had the courage to take. That strength will win out.

- Jim