Road Warrior Photographs

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:51 pm

Been away for a while, just got word from Skindaddio... Good bus gone, good man goes on. It would be more sad if the bus hadn't already lived a much richer life than many.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Post by whc03grady » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:17 pm

DjEep wrote:It would be more sad if the bus hadn't already lived a much richer life than many.
Very nicely put.
Ludwig--1974 Westfalia, 2.0L (GD035193), Solex 34PDSIT-2/3 carburetors.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).
Read about their adventures:
http://www.ludwigandgertie.blogspot.com

VWGirl
Getting Hooked!

Post by VWGirl » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:02 pm

It's been a long time... I saw a post on another website linking me back here... I didn't know what I would find... I'm sad to see what happened to your bus, but glad you are okay. I'm working on getting my bus back on the road again as we speak...

It is hard to let go of something you shared so many memories in... especially of your magnitude. There is a man in OshKosh that would probably fix that bus and keep driving it just because he always had... but I am sure your bus will live on... just in another shell... I'll even help you with the dots if you wish!

play_it_leo
I'm New!

Post by play_it_leo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:57 pm

I just received word about the accident. I was saddened to hear about this unfortunate event. I hope you are recovering well.

Since others were sharing their memories, I decided to dig through my pics and post this from Colin's visit to St. Louis in 2005.

midatlanticys
Addicted!

Post by midatlanticys » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:47 pm

play_it_leo wrote: I decided to dig through my pics and post this from Colin's visit to St. Louis in 2005.
Leo, nice photo for a first post!! Welcome!! :cheers:
"The sad thing about governments is that in every single case, government formed by the people eventually becomes so large it begins to prey upon the people who created it.” -- B. Hoover

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:09 am

play_it_leo wrote:I just received word about the accident. I was saddened to hear about this unfortunate event. I hope you are recovering well.

Since others were sharing their memories, I decided to dig through my pics and post this from Colin's visit to St. Louis in 2005.

[/img]
I remember it well. How are you doing? I am a bit cricked but not too bad.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

play_it_leo
I'm New!

Post by play_it_leo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:23 am

midatlanticys wrote:Leo, nice photo for a first post!! Welcome!!

Thanks. I've lurked here for a while, but never posted. I was happy to see my user name was available!
Amskeptic wrote: I remember it well. How are you doing? I am a bit cricked but not too bad.
Colin
I am doing well. The bus and I are still running strong.

My AFM crapped out on me about a year ago, but other than that, the bus has been great. Still using the knowledge from your visit.

If you are still planning on being in STL in early october, I might swing by where ever you are stopping. Heck, I may know the guys you are visiting.