Dirt, rust, compressed air, 2 x 4s, and a pot of coffee

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:23 am

I want to learn to weld very badly. Why, if I could weld, I'd weld in the morning, I'd weld in the evening. Let's just say I have a lot of welding needed done.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:47 am

Sylvester wrote:I'd weld in the morning, I'd weld in the evening.
All over this land
I'd weld out danger
I'd weld out a warning
I'd weld out love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Oh you guys! :occasion5:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Hippie wrote:Oh you guys! :occasion5:
Call it the banality of boredom.
Colin :bom:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Nope, just freaky! I do say if I could weld and owned a welder, I'd be a welding fool for sure.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Sylvester wrote:Nope, just freaky! I do say if I could weld and owned a welder, I'd be a welding fool for sure.
Me too. I enjoyed the potential for artful work, and the vistas that could open up for me as far as re-doing the aluminum foil/rtv patches I have on my bus.
Colin

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:31 am

Amskeptic wrote:Me too. I enjoyed the potential for artful work, and the vistas that could open up for me as far as re-doing the aluminum foil/rtv patches I have on my bus.
Colin
If you pass by here later this year and can spend a day, I'll get you all set up with stuff you need ...we'll go to Northern and/or Harbor Freight so you can buy your new tools...and then a solid day's practice on scrap metal. I'm serious. I would love it. :flower:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 am

Hippie wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:Me too. I enjoyed the potential for artful work, and the vistas that could open up for me as far as re-doing the aluminum foil/rtv patches I have on my bus.
Colin
If you pass by here later this year and can spend a day, I'll get you all set up with stuff you need ...we'll go to Northern and/or Harbor Freight so you can buy your new tools...and then a solid day's practice on scrap metal. I'm serious. I would love it. :flower:
I'll buy the scrap metal and welding rod and patch right there in your driveway. If I only need a welder once every thirty years I don't know that I'd want to buy one outright. I will not buy a car that needs welding, except of course, for this first one here that I loved regardless of its problems.
Colin

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:54 am

I'll come out and weld in your driveway too, Hippie.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:57 pm

Sounds good C'mon by both you guys. Just let me know ahead so I can be free a day.
Colin, if you do decide to buy a welder, I guarantee you will find use for it more often than you think.