General Path Prediction

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Westy78 wrote:Got a problem with my date now. Work just sprung the news last week that swing and day shift will be merging and a complete dept. rebid is in the works. I'll now be working Sundays..........This could change by then but to be safe a different day might work better if that's possible. I'm still planning on taking the week following Maupin off, I think.
If you are still planning on taking the week after Maupin off, does your current date work under that scenario? If not, I can swap you on the 25th and put Bookwus in on that Sunday.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Westy78 wrote:Got a problem with my date now. Work just sprung the news last week that swing and day shift will be merging and a complete dept. rebid is in the works. I'll now be working Sundays..........This could change by then but to be safe a different day might work better if that's possible. I'm still planning on taking the week following Maupin off, I think.
If you are still planning on taking the week after Maupin off, does your current date work under that scenario? If not, I can swap you on the 25th and put Bookwus in on that Sunday.
Colin
No, the work week is Sun-Thurs so I'll have to be back to work on the 28th. The 25th should work fine though. That is if I get that week off. I'll keep you posted.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Westy78 wrote: I'll keep you posted.
Thanks Jasan, the schedule runs tight in that neck of the woods.
Colin

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:56 am

Colin. What day or portion of a day were you thinking of spending with me? That Monday following the RendezVW, or Wednesday prior should work. In a PINCH, the Sunday afternoon...although I'm usually exhausted by then.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:50 am

deschutestrout wrote:Colin. What day or portion of a day were you thinking of spending with me? That Monday following the RendezVW, or Wednesday prior should work. In a PINCH, the Sunday afternoon...although I'm usually exhausted by then.
Did you want a full day or a half a day?
I need to try to catch the LuckyLab on Monday night.
Colin

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:56 am

Currently, I'm thinking 1/2 day. Nothing major going on here with my rides at this particular moment....knock on wood.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:38 pm

deschutestrout wrote:Currently, I'm thinking 1/2 day. Nothing major going on here with my rides at this particular moment....knock on wood.
Monday 8:00-1:00 ?
Then I can go to the LuckyLab and get falling down drunk on three beers.
Colin

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:55 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Colin
OK, I'm good to go on the 25th for sure.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:06 pm

Westy78 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Colin
OK, I'm good to go on the 25th for sure.
It Shall Come To Pass.
Colin

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

Hi Colin,

I'm new to your forum, but I could use your services in Minnesota. I'm just south of the Twin Cities by about 40 miles.

I'm swapping an engine and transmission from my parts bus and putting it into my rebuild bus which currently has a seized engine from sitting for twenty + years.

Looks like you'll be in my next of the woods early-mid June. That works perfectly for me. Let me know if I can have a day. Thank you.

Chris
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:19 am

BellePlaine wrote:Hi Colin,

I'm new to your forum, but I could use your services in Minnesota. I'm just south of the Twin Cities by about 40 miles.

I'm swapping an engine and transmission from my parts bus and putting it into my rebuild bus which currently has a seized engine from sitting for twenty + years.

Looks like you'll be in my next of the woods early-mid June. That works perfectly for me. Let me know if I can have a day. Thank you.

Chris
Currently, the schedule has me in Lodi WI on June 09. That is locked in by the prior Illinois call. I have Des Moines IA on the 11th, that is locked in by the serious traverse to Montana where I am due in SnowsAllSummer.

Lodi to St Paul is 4 hours and 260 miles.
St Paul to Des Moines is 250 miles and another four hours.

If I leave me my Lodi call at 8 PM sharp I will be in St Paul area near midnight to 1. Seven hours to sleep/personal maintenance and we do your engine/transmission swap/chassis check and I have to leave at 8:00PM sharp and drive down to Des Moines by midnight to 1 for seven hours sleep/personal maintenance, day with Hippie then drive to Missoula Montana 1,300 miles away.

This is pushing it.
Colin

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Amskeptic wrote:

Chris
Currently, the schedule has me in Lodi WI on June 09. That is locked in by the prior Illinois call. I have Des Moines IA on the 11th, that is locked in by the serious traverse to Montana where I am due in SnowsAllSummer.

If I leave me my Lodi call at 8 PM sharp I will be in St Paul area near midnight to 1. Seven hours to sleep/personal maintenance and we do your engine/transmission swap/chassis check and I have to leave at 8:00PM sharp and drive down to Des Moines by midnight to 1 for seven hours sleep/personal maintenance, day with Hippie then drive to Missoula Montana 1,300 miles away.

This is pushing it.
Colin
Well, then next year will be all that more special. It sounds like there may be a strong Twin Cities contingent (Bus Beard and I'm sure others) that could make your travels into Minnesota more worthwhile... for next year.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:09 pm

BellePlaine wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:

Chris

This is pushing it.
Colin
Well, then next year will be all that more special. It sounds like there may be a strong Twin Cities contingent (Bus Berd and I'm sure others) that could make your travels into Minnesota more worthwhile... for next year.
Oh, I'm willing if this is dear to your heart. . . just need strong coffee when I arrive, and we need to have our day well-planned with some chores executed by you before I arrive, such as vehicles jacked, wires and fuel lines pulled and plugged, PB Blaster on any of the rusty stuff. I am crazy enough to do it, everybody here knows that. I was in Michigan last year when I decided I needed to drive to Southern California to my uncle's funeral before my next call in . . . Pennsylvania. I asked my bus, "can you do 6,000 unexpected miles?" and it didn't say no, so we did just that. I remember the first westbound exit on I-94 where I just couldn't believe what I was doing. Then Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas? Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Fuel Pump Failure, California. . . .
Colin

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Colin, you're a road warrior! And I love the way that you think. I'll make steady progress, have the new parts in house, have everything prepped for you, and send off my deposit come next payday (I get paid once a month).

Until then, I'll PM you as to my progress and seek your assistance until June.

Also, if you cut through LaCrosse, WI from Lodi you should save some time since both Lodi and Belle Plaine are South of St. Paul. You have to take some back roads but it's not a problem if you have a GPS.

Oh, and I like my coffee strong too. :bounce:

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:17 pm

I sense my chances for an extended visit slipping silently away... :)
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX