Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings From Boston

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:22 pm

byproxy wrote:
Sylvester wrote:Aaarrhhhggg! Shakespeare, I cannot handle it. It must be a mind that enjoys poetry, that can tolerate that babble. I find I can deliberate with somewhat educated individuals, but last night I was asked to be the announcer for my son's football game. I couldn't do it, I know I would sounds like an idiot. "Third and five at the fifty yard line, if the quarterback can just hold onto the ball this time!" However, just how would Shakespeare do announcing a football game?

i used to feel the same way until i saw a live performance of a shakespeare play. when you hear it, out loud and at length, it starts to sound like music.

cindy
Exactly ~ I love reading Shakespeare, but to really appreciate his work, you have to see it the way he meant it: on the stage.

What really sold me on Shakespeare in high school as a taped play that the teacher showed us; it was from a production done in Central Park in the early 80's. "The Taming of the Shrew" with the leads played by Glenn Close and Raul Julia ~ totally amazing what good actors can do with the material.

If you get the chance, go to the Ashland Shakespeare festival, in Ashland OR. You won't regret it (though you will probably be overcharged for room and board). But you could stay down by the river in your Westy.

Best,

Lanval

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:49 am

Wow Glenn Close and Raul Julia! =D>

Both fabulous actors in their own right, even though we only have one of them left now.
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:38 pm

byproxy wrote:i used to feel the same way until i saw a live performance of a shakespeare play. when you hear it, out loud and at length, it starts to sound like music.

cindy
Quoth the cat, nevermore.

I know, I know, it is Poe.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:52 am

Sylvester wrote:Quoth the cat, nevermore.

I know, I know, it is Poe.
The CAT?
Quoth the raven, CAW CAW CAW.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles