Missoula IAC visit

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Missoula IAC visit

Post by whc03grady » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:44 pm

I'm not ashamed to admit that I was leery of this whole IAC business. Not that I fancy myself some expert, mind you--far from it! But $380 is a lot of lettuce to part with for what basically amounts to doing what you've already been doing.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
I consider our money to have been quite well spent if only for having been disabused of that very notion.
The Idiot Book is fine and good for the greenhorn ACVW owner who will graduate in due time to his/her Bentley. Now imagine that those books have a child that combines the best of both and the worst of neither.
I submit that that offspring is Colin. The firm, patient heart of the Idiot Book (without the arrythmia) and the brains of the Bentley, and what's more, you can talk to him. Have you ever furrowed your brow before one of the aforementioned books and wished you could ask a follow-up question, ask it to state something differently, or request elucidation of some seemingly minor point? Then you should schedule a visit from Colin at your next opportunity.
We were also very impressed that Colin was willing to put up with our unique combination of less than perfect conditions: no garage, 34F and raining, baby to tend to. Granted, he called it a day short of the normal finish line, but much more than made up for it under Maupin's sunnier skies.
We thank you, Colin. And Ludwig thanks you.
My biggest tip for those who haven't had their appointment yet: take notes. I didn't and am very much wishing I had. I think I remember the most salient points well enough, but god (or the devil, depending) is in the details.
More here (and pictures! See amskeptic in his finest Winter clothes!):
http://ludwigcampervanbeethoven.blogspo ... erant.html
Ludwig--1974 Westfalia, 2.0L (GD035193), Solex 34PDSIT-2/3 carburetors.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).
Read about their adventures:
http://www.ludwigandgertie.blogspot.com

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:59 pm

Colin's a temperamental sort. He didn't like the Chicago traffic. Wussy. Your accommodation's looked pretty deluxe actually, you had solid cement under your feet! Anyway, I like that map on your interior ceiling!, let's see where are we, tilt head, oh yah, Missoula! When you set that cot for the youngster, it'll give them something to look at as they nod off...

You gonna be around on July 6th or 7th? Gonna be traveling through. Be nice to say hi! Maybe camp in your background. :cheers:

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Post by whc03grady » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:25 pm

chitwnvw wrote:You gonna be around on July 6th or 7th? Gonna be traveling through. Be nice to say hi! Maybe camp in your background. :cheers:
Feel free! PM me for our digits/address.
What with Colin, Gypsie, and possibly you coming by it's a regular VW bus jambaroo this Summer in Miss Zula.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:33 pm

We have a spot for Ludwig too if you guys ever head over to Portland!
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:34 pm

Missoula is something of a nexus on the PCNW to IAC Midwest Pilgrimage. PM in the works.

PS: Fan of the blog. :king:

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Boy, that does look.... balmy?

So, you got away with the linty blue shop towels? I've got a 6 pack of 'em too. We'll see how I fare.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Post by whc03grady » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:57 pm

Nah, those paper towels are some ultra-cheapos my wife picked up the day before. Their blue color must be from the light passing through our garage roof.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:26 am

whc03grady wrote:Nah, those paper towels are some ultra-cheapos my wife picked up the day before. Their blue color must be from the light passing through our garage roof.
That bl-bl-bl-blue color m-m-m-atched m-m-my l-l-l-lips.
Just looking at the pictures m-m-m-m-made me all c-c-c-old again.

I had NO idea you had the presence of mind to photograph that exchange with Miss Taurus, I was still all nerves after that violent swerve. She looked a bit bemused in the picture, I think it was just after we both blamed the city for our almost collision.

I like your blogs.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles