Itinerary As Of 10/25/08

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:52 am

I shall do my best to clean and orderly. :drunken: Now where'd I put those rags?
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:35 am

I hope my dog-hair infested shop didn't fuel your fire.
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:46 am

dtrumbo wrote:I hope my dog-hair infested shop didn't fuel your fire.
May all of my insecure fellow VW aficionados take a breath. This is not coffee clatch gossipy nitpicking.

Working in a clean tiled engineering lab, you wipe the crankshaft journal before assembly lubing and placing the connecting rod upon it.

Working in the trash strewn laundromat parking lot with the stiff wind and thunderstorm lashing you with a pepper spray of sand, you wipe the crankshaft journal before assembly lubing and placing the connecting rod upon it.

It is not the general hygiene of the neighborhood that concerns me. Your engine needs a dedicated spot where we assemble things clean so we will not have any questions about contamination. You pre-pare by cleaning all the parts we'll be handling/ Thank-you.
Colin
(now that dtrumbo fellow, did you see his dining room table? my word. . .)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

dhoch14
Old School!

Post by dhoch14 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:04 am

hmmm yah, so i have NO idea if colin was may or may not mentioning a certain someone in his latest my needed rant. :blackeye:

anyhow, I spent the second half of the colin day cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning. i will be spending yet another night of more cleaning.

glad you put this out the C as I think this will go a long way in helping further visits and optimizing your valuable time.

cheers!

-dave
93 VW T4 2.4D Cali

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:40 am

dhoch14 wrote:glad you put this out the C as I think this will go a long way in helping further visits and optimizing your valuable time.
See? That is the spirit. It is more fun when it flooooooowwsssssss smoothly.
Colin :cyclopsani:

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:21 am

dhoch14 wrote:hmmm yah, so i have NO idea if colin was may or may not mentioning a certain someone in his latest my needed rant. :blackeye:
???

Me thinks someone's been snorting to much carb cleaner! =D>
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:41 am

... and he's overwhelmed by the Colin brain dump! I waited three days before I tried to type anything coherent! :compress:
- Dick

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:44 am

Amskeptic wrote:
dtrumbo wrote:I hope my dog-hair infested shop didn't fuel your fire.
May all of my insecure fellow VW aficionados take a breath. This is not coffee clatch gossipy nitpicking.

Working in a clean tiled engineering lab, you wipe the crankshaft journal before assembly lubing and placing the connecting rod upon it.

Working in the trash strewn laundromat parking lot with the stiff wind and thunderstorm lashing you with a pepper spray of sand, you wipe the crankshaft journal before assembly lubing and placing the connecting rod upon it.

It is not the general hygiene of the neighborhood that concerns me. Your engine needs a dedicated spot where we assemble things clean so we will not have any questions about contamination. You pre-pare by cleaning all the parts we'll be handling/ Thank-you.
Colin
(now that dtrumbo fellow, did you see his dining room table? my word. . .)
I am sure Colin will not soon forget the engine installation for my 74 Westy in the cold and rainy days of October 2004. The outdoors, the leaves, the rain. Sterile it was not.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:29 am

Sylvester wrote: I am sure Colin will not soon forget the engine installation for my 74 Westy in the cold and rainy days of October 2004. The outdoors, the leaves, the rain. Sterile it was not.
It has only been two years or so, and I remember well how all of the cold dank parts strewn haphhazardly about the dimly lit overstuffed garage gave me associations to cold fried eggs congealed in an oily frying pan on a greasy stove while the snow blasts through the broken window in the dark single-wide while the tinny TV in the other room yells appalling the cheers of nitwits on a game show.
Your house was warm and inviting, but we HAD TOO MUCH WORK TO DO. Ah yes, good times.
Coin :flower:

dhoch14
Old School!

Post by dhoch14 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:37 am

no kidding...I really should proofread a little more.

and yes, I was inhaling way too much carb cleaner last tuesday while cleaning parts in the kitchen. that explains the lack of writing abilities.

:)
93 VW T4 2.4D Cali

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:51 pm

I'm surprised you don't have more customers in Seattle or L.A. there's a zillion VWs in both places.
You really should getchaself out on the West Coast again. That way your IAC journeys can become somewhat more localized. Wanderlust on a diet.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:37 pm

hambone wrote:I'm surprised you don't have more customers in Seattle
I am too. Only me and Adventurewagen this year, weird. A person that lives near me has a bug and a newly-purchased bus. I plan to get to know them and sell them on an IAC visit for next year.
- Dick

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:41 pm

I may pony up next year. Have to see how much damage the buses sustain over the camping season :geek:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:20 pm

Or Victoria, BC. If you could just get rid of your terrist connections, you could do good business there. Seems to me every third vehicle's a Bay.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:22 am

glasseye wrote:
Or Victoria, BC. If you could just get rid of your terrorist connections, you could do good business there.
Boy the FBI and Homeland Security just flagged that statement in their databases.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.