Let's Review. . . . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Mr Blotto
IAC Addict!

Post by Mr Blotto » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:44 pm

locoqueso wrote:All I know is I'm looking forward to the Chicago leg of this tour.
All I got to say is get a good night sleep the night prior to your day with Colin, and be prepared to be pretty well pooped by the end of the day. Have some strong coffee and cold diet coke on hand, and all will be good. Your bus will never be happier :flower: :flower:
1978 Sage Green Westy - 2.0 FI - SOLD WITH 109887 miles :-(

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:31 am

What are your rates? 1/2 day - full day.

1. One of the trans flange seals is leaking on the bus, has been since I got it. Oily seepy mess. I plan to repack the CVs ahead of time so access should be easy. Is this a driveway job?

2. I need to replace the tie rods on the Beetle. Think I can do the job but never have done the alignment.

I think I'd need more help with #1, could probably do #2 solo (optimisically!).
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:54 pm

hambone wrote:What are your rates? 1/2 day - full day.
$380.00 is the day you do the math for a half day. What? Ya think I am gonna spoon-feed you such basic math when I torture you on mechanical principles?
Colin :pirate:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Ok wisenheimer, I didn't know you split yer rates in 1/2 too!
Sounds good.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:01 pm

LiveonJG wrote:... the inevitable carnival-like scenes of excess and debauchery ..
Dear god, sir! I daresay you have confused the fine residents of this locale with the crazed denizens currently occupying TheotherSite, from which we recused ourselves some time ago.

I've half a mind to report you to the proper authorities for uttering such terrible blasphemy. Simply barbarous insinuation, dear chap.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:25 pm

tristessa wrote:
LiveonJG wrote:... the inevitable carnival-like scenes of excess and debauchery ..
Dear god, sir! I daresay you have confused the fine residents of this locale with the crazed denizens currently occupying TheotherSite, from which we recused ourselves some time ago.

I've half a mind to report you to the proper authorities for uttering such terrible blasphemy. Simply barbarous insinuation, dear chap.
Hal, you made me snort. :drunken:
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:09 pm

I'm in again, dammit. Prepare yourself... we have a child due to arrive mid-June.

This time, I'll pay you for a full day but only make you stay a 3/4 day... rather than last time when I paid you for 1/2 a day and made you stay 1 1/2 days.

And dear Gawd, is that FI a dream. =D>

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:36 pm

Velokid1 wrote:I'm in again, dammit. Prepare yourself... we have a child due to arrive mid-June.

This time, I'll pay you for a full day but only make you stay a 3/4 day... rather than last time when I paid you for 1/2 a day and made you stay 1 1/2 days.

And dear Gawd, is that FI a dream. =D>
Yes, I can burp a newborn AND demand 28* @ 3,200 rpm.
Colin :pirate:

Doc1982
I'm New!

Post by Doc1982 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:28 pm

I think I'd like to get in this time around too. I've got a big box of door/window seals, and a pesky high-ish idle I can't figure out. Maybe a little bit of AFM tweaking to get temps down a bit too? :geek:
1977 Westy
Just Enough Spare Time

Yesterday is History
Tomarrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:13 pm

Doc1982 wrote:I think I'd like to get in this time around too. I've got a big box of door/window seals, and a pesky high-ish idle I can't figure out. Maybe a little bit of AFM tweaking to get temps down a bit too? :geek:
Auxiliary air regulator and vacuum leaks and throttle body busings/seals and yes, we can check it out. The temperature drop you are looking for can occur at the AFM if you're lean to start with and we bring you back to correct-to-slightly-rich mixture.
Seals, we'll do a couple of samples and then I shall abandon you to the remainder.
Colin

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:30 pm

And what's the status of your temporary entrance visa/permit/whatever to the Great White North?
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:39 pm

Ritter wrote:
tristessa wrote:

Hal, you made me snort. :drunken:
Yea, me too! :compress:

-John
Keep it acoustic.

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:03 pm

All Colin did for me the last time he was here on a half day mind you, was notice BOTH buses had had their vacuum lines installed incorrectly.. that the flaps on one of them were not opening fully.. plus we tuned... worked out bugs and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and fixed an exhaust leak. I'll probably have to do another day with you just to keep up.

I'll get my wife to talk politics with you as she really likes that, and if I have a beer or three, you might even get me to chime in on a candidate or issue or two.

It'll be great to see you in Maupin too!

FOR THOSE OF YOU ON THE FENCE.. KNOW THIS IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN POSSIBLY DO FOR YOUR VW!!!!!! AND FOR YOU TOO IF YOU ENJOY LEARNING NEW THINGS.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:09 pm

IFBwax wrote:I'll get my wife to talk politics with you as she really likes that, and if I have a beer or three, you might even get me to chime in on a candidate or issue or two.
It would be a pleasure.
Colin

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Re: Let's Review. . . . .

Post by hippiewannabe » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:53 am

Amskeptic wrote:...We have a core group of IAC members whose need for my talents is diminishing rapidly ....Poach off theSamba as you interact over there and find posters who are getting lost in the advice....
There is no question TheSamba was your best source of fresh customers. After all that's happened, it probably can't be like it was in the Bay Window Forum. How about we start a thread in the Buyer and Seller Feedback Forum? We can space out our posts to keep it bumped near the top.