Camping at Mouse Camp this weekend.

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Camping at Mouse Camp this weekend.

Post by Sluggo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:05 pm

I'll be camping on Wednesday night so I can fish all day on Thursday (my Birthday). Anyone wanna join me on Thursaday night or anytime that weekend? I'll be going to Mouse Camp again because It's the only close place I know where I can fish in privacy (almost private).
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Re: Camping at Mouse Camp this weekend.

Post by Sluggo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Fine! I see how it is. Screw all y'all. :cussing:

Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:41 pm

If I lived closer, I'd camp with ya...missed meeting you & your family at Maupin this year. I hear you spent some time in Hell-A too, maybe next year. Lotsa birthdays this month too, my sisters is today...which reminds me. Anyways, have a great Birthday!! :cheers:
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks! Hell-A. I like it! I was raised there and that's a good description of how I feel about it.

Leaving in a few hours.

Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:11 pm

Nobody reads the Camping section anymore.
Next week, Linney Creek? I can go on Wed morning.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:18 pm

We'll be at the White River spot we went to last October. Here if anyone wants to join us this weekend.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 27158&z=11

Or at the spot on fs140 past Bonney Crossing we were at a few months ago if there's snow at the first place.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:48 pm

MOUSE CAMP SUCKED!!!

Had a big fight with the Wifey before I left. Uneventful drive until I got to where the 224 makes a sharp left as it hits the Clackamas River. Apparently someone forgot to turn because the guard rail was taken out and a few dozen cops, firemen, paramedics and a winch were there trying to pull out a car. I wondered why I hadn't seen any cops at the Redland Road turnoff (always at least a few). Got to Mouse Camp and the campsite was trashed. Garbage everywhere. They even left bags of garbage so the animals would have a chance to litter too (tearing it to shreds to lick the plates and stuff). They also decided to use the road as a toilet and leave the used TP behind. Trash all the way down to the trail and some on the trail. They kicked down lots of thin trees along the trail. They even smashed some of the old, rotted logs used to define the path to little pieces, carried them off and tried to burn them at the campsite (morons). Since it was late I decided to just clean up my immediate area, eat dinner and go to sleep. Wanted to go to sleep early so I could get up at 5AM and fish. Around 11PM rednecks show up. Things were nice & loud for the next few hours. Around 1:30 AM things quieted down and I went to sleep.

Alarm went off at 5 but I didn't get up til 6. Hung out with a very confident woodpecker (didn't seem to be afraid of me at all) and a very cute chipmunk while I had my Birthday morning coffee. Grabbed my fishin' gear and headed down the road to the trail. The rednecks had taken the camp right at the entrance to the trail. I had to walk through their camp to get to the trail. I was quickly stopped by two giant rottweilers growling and and one looked very vicious. One of the guys came out and said hi then told his dogs to calm down. One sat and looked friendly but the other wanted me. The guy had to hold the dog back by his collar (as he was trying to pull away and get to me) as I went through the camp. Walked about a mile down the trail before I found my first spot to try. Went from spot to spot along the river trying different lures and bait but no luck. Waded out to a bar of rocks in the middle of the river and smoked my B-Day Jay as I took in my surroundings. Around 10 am, I could see from my vantage in the middle of the Clackamas River, the other campers walking down the path with their dogs and decided to head back to camp (fishless) while I had the chance to do so without being menaced by a dog. Got o camp and made brunch (reheated dinner) and had a Birthday beer. Widmer Nelson Imperial IPA. DAmn Good Stuff! I never drink before 5pm, but it's my birthday. Around 11:30 more people show up and at the second of the three camps along this road. For a solo camp this is sure getting crowded. And LOUD! I started hearing cars and people everywhere. Spent the next few hours hearing cars, ATVs, people yelling and gunshots. I had planned to return to fishing at dusk but I eventually decided that this is not the solo camp or birthday that I wanted and went home at around 2PM (after picking up everything left by the previous dirtbags except the poo and used TP).

When I got Home we made up and had a little party. German Chocolate Cake with Umpqua Chocolate Brownie Thunder ice cream.

Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Welcome back and Happy Birthday...
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

hambone

Post by hambone » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Wow...I have had nothing but peaceful experiences there, but have only camped in the off-season. I can only imagine, and apologize for the idiots as if they were my children...
So many people have fucked up the Clackamas, it makes me sad. That camp was scoured spotless in April. I even wrote about it on G.C.
ATVs, rednecks, garbage, burned out cars, I've seen it all. Not to mention the acres of clearcuts.
And yet, there is still God hiding out there. I guess that's the story of Man VS Earth, and why we weep, and our worst nature is banned from the IAC multiple times. And that's why the best camps are far from town on horrible roads.
I am getting sick of picking up other people's shit. Bags of it, year after year make one jaded....and then to hear your story. FUCK.
BTW I posted your story on Trailadvocates. For the good it will do!

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:19 am

Happy Birthday Sluggo! Sure wish it had been a better camping trip.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks. Just realized it's 4th of July weekend. That's probably why it was getting crowded. That and it's the first non-designated camp after the 224 ends.

The trash really surprised me because Jacki & I had picked up all the trash when we were there less than two weeks ago.

Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.

hambone

Post by hambone » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Linney will be much better. Gnarly road of course!