Coastal Leisure Day

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Coastal Leisure Day

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Ahh, sipping a McMenamins IPA, noshing on happy hour snacks at the Lighthouse Brew Pub in Lincoln City after a brief stop with the herd at the Tillamook cheese factory and a leisurely drive down the three capes scenic loop and on down to here. Wonderful sunny day, coastal cool.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:51 pm

This would be a whole lot better with pics.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Leisure today, shooting tomorrow.

neal

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Ach! Leisure was short lived. My starter wouldn't turn the engine over when we went to leave.

neal

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Gotta luv it!

Last week we're getting ready to go to a show and the brake lights go out. Turned out to be a great show but somebody had to stay home.

It's her own damn fault as far as I'm concerned.

Fixed now.

Guess she felt she needed some extra attention.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:48 am

I suspect the wicked rough not well repaired Three Capes Scenic route off 101 from Tillamook south.

Little Miss Sunshine action. Park on a slope. Ignition on, drop clutch at speed. Six times. The first in reverse. Only needed a bit of push off level to the slope twice. My Aunt and Uncle pitched in, once out the drive from their house, and once after refueling at a nearby gas station.

It was still a great trip. We took cams and vidded me Mum demonstrating an artistic technique she had learned at a workshop and took a liking to. It involves taking a canvas to the beach, splashing it with water and sand looking for a texture to expand upon later with expression, a base for a later work.

Then a fixative spray, and liberal application of clear acrylic media mixed 50/50 with water to soak and bind with drying times between applications, and a final application of clear acrylic media applied with brush.

Road's End Beach, because there was fresh water from the little creek draining to the sea. Very windy, and insane people in wet suits hanging onto rather large parafoil parachute style kites out in the surf on boards catching some really big air.

And then the power went out just before our restaurant dinner plans. More adventure. Major grocery store during a power outage is a bit ethereal. And eight miles through Lincoln City all with no trace of electricity and dark confused businesses and another 15 miles to Depoe Bay before we found a restaurant open that still had electricity. Seafood enchilada, shrimp, crab and scallops in red sauce with black beans and rice, with a great view over the darkening bay.

Back to Bertha at the major grocery store and her last gravity assisted, no push from my Aunt and Uncle needed, bump start for the drive back to Portland.

Good times, good times.
neal

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:21 am

ruckman101 wrote:Road's End Beach, because there was fresh water from the little creek draining to the sea.
neal
Well sheesh, a couple of steps down the beach and you could've dropped in our place for a beer... although you would've had to explain to my dad who you were! :drunken:
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.