Post by hambone » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:08 pm

http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:51 pm

That was really interesting. So long ago and even a 5th wheel with spoke wheels :cyclopsani: Too bad no body listened, those that tried to warn, would be turning over in their graves at the size of "Camping" vehicles today.

Thanks Hammie, Im printing that one. Found it funny it was dated April 1st. Was waiting for the punch line :flower:
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:45 am

Elwood wrote:That was really interesting. So long ago and even a 5th wheel with spoke wheels :cyclopsani: Too bad no body listened, those that tried to warn, would be turning over in their graves at the size of "Camping" vehicles today.

Thanks Hammie, Im printing that one. Found it funny it was dated April 1st. Was waiting for the punch line :flower:
We passed an RV over the weekend that was the largest I've ever seen. It was easily the size of a greyhound. There should be limitations on where they go based on impact but honestly in a state park campground I'm okay with an RV. For a lot of families that is the compromise that had to be made to get one of them "camping" and if it gets the kids outdoors for a connect with nature I'm for it. Those kids are the future votes for funding and I want them immersed in the outdoors as much as possible. I remember an associate that sneered at RVs in campgrounds saying "thats not camping" complaining that RVs and popups "obscured the natural beauty" turned out the time he spent in state parks was in the lodge reading backpacker magazine. It seems a part of our nature to judge what others do while we make the exception for ourselves.