My Camping Pics (Silver Falls State Park)

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

My Camping Pics (Silver Falls State Park)

Post by IFBwax » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:14 pm

You guys looked like you had a great time.. but for several reasons, I couldn't join you and stuck with my reservations up at Silver Falls. Here are some pics. It was just me and the two girls. I have some great pictures of Wilson I'll try to post later. Actually, Spiff, we were going to head out without him until my littlest one Kili, said, "Hey.. what about Willy? Aren't we going to take him?" And I thought who in the hell is Willy? And then I realized she was talking about Wilson. So he guarded our campfire for the two nights we spent up there.

http://gallery.mac.com/sequoiastate#100 ... &view=grid
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:15 pm

WOW!! That is a beautiful spot :cyclopsani: Of course it is hard to go wrong in the area that we live in, ain't that nice?

Glad the industrial strength version of Wilson came in handy, even more cool that yer girl remembered it!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:30 pm

IFB, how do you carry all those kids bikes?

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Well this trip we had just one bike and a scooter. The scooter is a light plastic cheap job that fits anywhere, the bike fit, tied down on the floor. (to seat and table leg hole).

I haven't yet taken my bike with theirs.. but I have a Fiamma rack that will hold two, maybe three... plus theres the roof rack if I get desperate. It's all the clothes/shoes that are hard to keep straight!!!!!
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:07 pm

IFBwax wrote: but I have a Fiamma rack that will hold two, maybe three... plus theres the roof rack if I get desperate. It's all the clothes/shoes that are hard to keep straight!!!!!
If you can get a pic of the Fiamma rack, that would be cool. With 3 kids and my wife and my own bike...that's a lot of bikes! It would be nice...but that's a lot of bikes!!!

By the way, nice pictures of what looked like a really great trip.

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Re: My Camping Pics (Silver Falls State Park)

Post by dtrumbo » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Hey Wayne, this link didn't work for me. Am I doing something wrong?
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:34 pm

dtrumbo wrote:
Hey Wayne, this link didn't work for me. Am I doing something wrong?
It might say you need a different browser, but it should also give you an option to let you use the one you have. Either that or the mac site might be down. It worked earlier.

Not too late to change your mind on Maupin. You know, Dick, you don't look so good... you need to call in sick.. in about two weeks. yeah, that's it.

Frank Bama

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:39 pm

OK it's working now. I forgot to renew my account. Whoops. Thanks for the tip.

Frank Bama

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:09 pm

WOW! Those are beautiful photos!

This one's my favorite:

1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Thanks.. I'm lucky. The highlights were having Lucky Charms for breakfast one day and pancakes the next day... playing Trouble, and feeding the Stellars Jays. They sure didn't go hungry around our campsite. Who knew they like bacon? They were troopers and we went on a long hike on Sunday to those falls you see.

The only lowlight.. the MANY trips to the bathroom.

I'm trying to enjoy these crazy girls before they get too cool to enjoy camping. That's really going to suck.

Frank Bama

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:24 pm

IFBwax wrote:I'm trying to enjoy these crazy girls before they get too cool to enjoy camping. That's really going to suck.
You might be pleasantly surprised brother. Some kids don't outgrow camping and continue to love it and
cherish the memories. I vote for that choice for you and your daughters.
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:29 pm

zblair wrote:
IFBwax wrote:I'm trying to enjoy these crazy girls before they get too cool to enjoy camping. That's really going to suck.
You might be pleasantly surprised brother. Some kids don't outgrow camping and continue to love it and
cherish the memories. I vote for that choice for you and your daughters.
I hope you're right. Hopefully as they grow, we can do more challenging things to keep them interested and excited. I look forward to taking some challenging hikes with them in five or six years.

Frank Bama

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:54 pm

zblair wrote:WOW! Those are beautiful photos!

This one's my favorite:

I love having girls. I never thought I would but that picture says it nicely. It's great being 'Daddy'.

You are really strong.

You know everything.

There face lights up when you come through the door.

Golden.

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:29 am

IFBwax wrote:Not too late to change your mind on Maupin. You know, Dick, you don't look so good... you need to call in sick.. in about two weeks. yeah, that's it.
I want to go sooooo bad! I just can't this year. Just last night at the dinner table I was talking to Juli about going next year. By then, our sons will be 6 & 3 and our yet-to-be-born daughter will be 10 months old. That's not too young to go camping is it? I also floated the option that if the baby didn't want to go camping, that I could just take the boys. One way or another, I'll be there next year for sure!
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:18 am

Frank Bama