Ezy Awning

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Ezy Awning

Post by IFBwax » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:48 pm

Finally opened mine up this weekend. No instructions and I couldn't make head or tails of how to put this thing up. Can anyone show me a picture of how it attaches to the rain gutter? Are there clamps or something that aren't attached to the poles? Because there are no clamps in the kit I received from BD. Or does it clamp in somewhere with the screws that ARE attached to some of the poles?

thanks!
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:14 pm

It should have came with three brass colored clamps that have wing nuts on the end. You put the pole in the rain gutter and the clamps go over the top of the pole and under the bottom of the rain gutter. Tighten and yer done. Jasan has some spring clamps that he uses and it works very well. If you can't find yours go grab some, I'll show you how it works at Maupin if you want.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:01 pm

Thanks Spiff.. looks like the BD shorted me the clamps. I'll have to ask Jasan where the got his and what size. See you in Maupin!!!!!!!
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:45 pm

I didn't get the clamps with mine either. Or instructions for that matter. I use three small spring clamps from Home Depot. I think they're actually easier to use than the wing nut clamps that are suppose to come with the awning. With these and a couple of bungees off the front to the ground I've never had any problem with wind.

Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Oh cool Jasan.. thanks a million sir. I have a few of those clips. Makes sense. Sorry we'll miss you at Maupin.

Frank Bama

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:33 pm

What'd BD say when you asked where the heck are the clamps and instructions?

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:41 pm

I didn't call them. I ordered this thing more than a year ago.. probably more than two years ago.. they took about 8 months to finally get it to me and I didn't open it until this past weekend.

I know it was my responsibility to inspect the items when I recieved them and didn't. My laziness. I could probably pester them for the clamps but now know I can make do without them.

Let this be a lesson to you all!!!! :cyclopsani:

It was just more than a little frustrating because I brought the whole set up with me to camp and couldn't make it work. I also didn't spend that much time on it as I was solo with two young kids and didn't want to waste the afternoon on the awning.

Frank Bama

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:03 pm

IFBwax wrote:I didn't call them. I ordered this thing more than a year ago.. probably more than two years ago.. they took about 8 months to finally get it to me and I didn't open it until this past weekend.

I know it was my responsibility to inspect the items when I recieved them and didn't. My laziness. I could probably pester them for the clamps but now know I can make do without them.

Let this be a lesson to you all!!!! :cyclopsani:

It was just more than a little frustrating because I brought the whole set up with me to camp and couldn't make it work. I also didn't spend that much time on it as I was solo with two young kids and didn't want to waste the afternoon on the awning.
Even though Colin thoroughly exams and test everything the day he gets it, I can tell you that I have been bitten by this before. I don't think it's irresponsible to think that something should come as advertised! Use the spring clamps, they work better anyway.

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:35 am

IFBwax wrote:Let this be a lesson to you all!!!! :cyclopsani:
Don't buy from Bus Depot? Oops! Sorry, was that out loud? 8-[
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!