deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:46 pm

Well, bummer John. Next time. Mark
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:17 pm

That sucks John, was really looking forward to hanging out with ya. We'll have to plan another trip soon.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:48 pm

I may have to bow out as well.

BAH!!!!!!! Yeah right. If I am late I had a break down. (knock on wood).

How come everyone with excuses happens to have a name that begins with "J"?

:geek:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:35 pm

I've been going and going, so ain't going to be able to be going.

jneal
The slipper has no teeth.

hambone

Post by hambone » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:47 pm

Wanks! All of youse.
Spiff you bringin the split?

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:33 am

hambone wrote:Wanks! All of youse.
Spiff you bringin the split?
Yup, bringing two of them. Our friends in Olympia are driving their 56 sub hatch westy, really cool bus with the old school westy interior.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:34 am

deschutestrout wrote: Directions.

Take I-84 to The Dalles...exit 87...hwy 197 South towards Maupin. 10 miles before Maupin you'll come to a blinking light. Turn right into Tygh Valley (or left if you've come over the mountain and are heading north on 197) Turn right at the Tygh Tavern...this will put you on Wamic Market Road. Follow this up the hill and on into the town of Wamic (stay left at the junction where you see signs for "Lexies"). Once to Wamic(7 miles or so), turn left at the Y (follow signs to Barlow Road Route). After 4 miles, the pavement will change to shock-testing broken pavement...you'll know you're approaching the turn off :geek: . Go another mile (5 miles total from Wamic) and turn right at the sign for Bonney Crossing. 1/4 mile stay right at the Y. Mile 2...take right at sign (road 4811 I believe). Mile 4...go right at the T onto 2710. Go about a 1/2 mile and just after you cross "Highlands Ditch" and before the road turns and goes down into the canyon, stay straight onto road 2710 - 160. Go about a 1/4 mile or so and you'll find us!
I have ultimate faith in your directions and am sure that I would be able to make it in without a gps. I was posting directions of my own to be sure that I was on the tight track. I have deleted my directions so as to not confuse anyone with my own jitters.

The roads have different names and I just don't want a repeat of my last trek into the backwoods in the dark, (wherein I headed off into the unknown, fjording streams and billygoating over downed lumber for several miles, only to have to hunt for a wide enough spot to turn around and head back.)

This last leg is what I am seeking confirmation about.

I'm pretty sure this is the route you are describing. Let me know if no.

Packed the gear last night. Firewood, clothes and food tonight.

Leaving directly after work Friday. Sorry I couldn't get out earlier Hammy. Still low man on the totem and others have swooped in before I.

The Sun has raised my spirits and hopes for a beautiful weekend. Still ready for the wet stuff though.

Bicycles?
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:56 am

Nope. That appears to be a totally different route than I gave. Looking at my forest service map, my directions are right on the money. The only thing I didn't indicate is that the road where you make your 1st right turn off the 48 at the Bonney Crossing sign (5 miles past Wamic) is 4810. So...get to Wamic, stay left, go 5 miles on 48, turn right on 4810...1/4 mile stay right at the Y...3 miles go right at 4811...1 mile or so go right on 2710...go across the ditch and stay straight onto 160...don't go down into the canyon unless you fail to find us up top. The camp I have in mind is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile in on the 160. Bob and I will be there a bit early so I may bike in a ways farther to see if there is a superior site. Here's a map

the road that has the 13 and 18 on it is the 48 out of Wamic.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:59 pm

Shanks, printed em off. Gotta go get some sundries and we will be ready to roll in the AM. We doing the usual un-planned pot luck on Saturday?
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

hambone

Post by hambone » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:42 pm

Bus is washed, waxed, serviced, packed and ready to roll!

I wish the weathermen would make up their FREAKIN minds...If someone could bring an extra cutie for me to snuggle with I'd appreciate it.

Friday: A chance of rain showers after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. West northwest wind between 8 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. West northwest wind between 8 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 50. West wind between 6 and 11 mph.

Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. West wind between 6 and 13 mph.

Sunday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:54 pm

Sounds marvvy to me you bastids, enjoy your posteriors off!

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Yeah I think the weather folks have been tossing coins lately.

Sorry you can't make it Neal, would have been great to chat with you again.

Wish us luck, we are flying solo tomorrow in an un-tested bus. Yeeeeee haw! If we make it there it will mean that I brought a bus from basket case to working a year and a half faster then Jasan could get his engine in. :geek:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:58 pm

spiffy wrote:

Wish us luck, we are flying solo tomorrow in an un-tested bus. Yeeeeee haw! If we make it there it will mean that I brought a bus from basket case to working a year and a half faster then Jasan could get his engine in. :geek:
Ruthless!! :geek:

Maybe I'll make this campout. I better, it's my damned idea!
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:00 pm

spiffy wrote:I brought a bus from basket case to working a year and a half faster then Jasan could get his engine in. :geek:
That was uncalled for. Hitting a fellow member when he or she is down should never be tolerated.

I, sir, am disgusted at your blatant display of split bus elitism.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:47 pm

:cheers: What a great weekend! Thanks Mike, Elaine, Bob and Stephan for providing such awesome company for a wonderful weekend! The campsite was killer...views galour. Good food, good hikes, good beer, good music, good beer, good vibes, good beer, good star gazing, snow, rain, sun, wind, warm, calm, beer, cold, warm, cold, beer. Can't wait for the next outing!