Alone in the woods

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Alone in the woods

Post by Sylvester » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:03 am

Going to try and go into the hills of Georgia this Friday. It will be very cold for sure. Going to have to buy some more firewood for sure. Not sure exactly where I am going yet. Sure wish my older boy could go, it will be just me to see if I have the capacity to camp in the cold still.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:24 am

Good luck! You will have a special time, no better way to get in tune with both yourself and the real world. The air is especially clear with all the bare trees.
I'd love to see some photos, the forests in the south are magical places.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: Alone in the woods

Post by steve74baywin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:57 am

Sylvester wrote:Going to try and go into the hills of Georgia this Friday. It will be very cold for sure. Going to have to buy some more firewood for sure. Not sure exactly where I am going yet. Sure wish my older boy could go, it will be just me to see if I have the capacity to camp in the cold still.
It would be cool to see you at Bus Chain Gang in Mayo FL in two weeks...

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:22 am

steve74baywin wrote:
Sylvester wrote:Going to try and go into the hills of Georgia this Friday. It will be very cold for sure. Going to have to buy some more firewood for sure. Not sure exactly where I am going yet. Sure wish my older boy could go, it will be just me to see if I have the capacity to camp in the cold still.
Dang Steve I forgot about that one! I have to check the calendar, but I would love to go. Hambone, I will take the camera, not sure how many I will get since I am leaving after work so I will probably get there after dark. We might still have snow on the ground.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:52 am

Sylvester wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:
Dang Steve I forgot about that one! I have to check the calendar, but I would love to go. Hambone, I will take the camera, not sure how many I will get since I am leaving after work so I will probably get there after dark. We might still have snow on the ground.
I don't know if you visit FMBC much, but it is discussed there and we have had for all years now a group from GA come down...You might want to check it out, maybe you know them...
http://fullmoonbusclub.com/e107_plugins ... php?101619
But ssshhh,,,my different names on a couple of sites is top secret info... :pukeleft:

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:13 am

steve74baywin wrote:I don't know if you visit FMBC much, but it is discussed there and we have had for all years now a group from GA come down...You might want to check it out, maybe you know them...
But ssshhh,,,my different names on a couple of sites is top secret info... :pukeleft:
Never go there, I am a one site man, here. Looks like however you will have llots of people nonetheless. Your secret identity is safe with me PSS.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Sylvester wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:I don't know if you visit FMBC much, but it is discussed there and we have had for all years now a group from GA come down...You might want to check it out, maybe you know them...
Never go there, I am a one site man, here. Looks like however you will have llots of people nonetheless. Your secret identity is safe with me PSS.
Thank you, thank you, thank you,,,I mean the great lengths and efforts I have put forth to keep it a secret are tremendous.... :bounce:

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:27 am

Did not go into the woods. It got very cold and it snowed/freezing rain here last week. Where I was going to go was in the hills, and I admit I was wary to go in bad weather to a place I have never been.