Anyone sleep in their bus at home?

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Anyone sleep in their bus at home?

Post by Elwood » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:09 pm

I miss the cozy atmosphere and simplicity at times. How about you people?
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Post by Vdubtech » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:19 pm

I've been known to take an afternoon nap on the weekends right in the driveway.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:43 am

I've slept in it at home, in the park, at the beach.....

A certain person I know fell asleep in the upper bunk of his westy while I was hard at work making his dang engine function, 'cause it was "Just so dang cozy, musta dozed off....."
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

bretski
Ellipsis-Meister
Ellipsis-Meister

Post by bretski » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:44 am

Yup, the kids "camp" out there for a night fairly often. The bus used to double as my guest bedroom, too!
1978 Deluxe Westfalia - "Klaus"

"transcripts are overrated. hardware store receipts: those are useful." --skin daddio

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:06 am

I've come close but never slept in it at home. Just not the same in the city.
Had to sleep on my porch in Chicago for a few days because I was remodelling the apartment prior to move-in for a rent reduction, plaster and crap everywhere. Didn't sleep a wink, but that was a big city after all.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:59 am

Yep, in the summer when the house is still 90° at 10:00pm and it's still 80° outside it's a great place to sleep. Done it on a few occasions.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:55 pm

I've crashed in it a few times on my visits to Portland....luckily I have never been in enough trouble to be put in the "chateau bow-bow" at the house. :cheers:

The bed is super comfortable though....
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:35 am

yep. i keep the scotch in the garage.

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:17 pm

If I could pull it into the backyard I would take lots of naps in it, but it's not so nice out front right next to the street and the neighbor's scary son who lurks. I did sleep there one night when the house was being fumigated for termites. Right now I'm sitting inside the Westy with the curtains closed using a wifi signal I found. Ah, adventures!
71 bus, 74 westy

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:46 am

I did once in my old 71 Westy, Big Red. My son and I camped in it one night in the driveway, when the engine was dead. I just had to do it, it looked do lonely.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:45 am

Birdibus wrote:If I could pull it into the backyard I would take lots of naps in it, but it's not so nice out front right next to the street and the neighbor's scary son who lurks. I did sleep there one night when the house was being fumigated for termites. Right now I'm sitting inside the Westy with the curtains closed using a wifi signal I found. Ah, adventures!
Careful someone doesn't mistake you for a narc doing that. Around here they just might unload their 9mm and then ask.