Let's See Some Bus Camping Pics.

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Let's See Some Bus Camping Pics.

Post by LiveonJG » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:42 pm

As the leaves turn brilliant shades of red and yellow, as the nights grow longer and days shorter, let's share pictures of Spring and Summer, and being outdoors.

Here are a few from last Summer's Run to Rushmore:

Yellowstone National Park, Indian Creek Campground

Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho

Elkstrom Stage Station Campgrounds, Montana

Spring Creek Campgrounds, Montana

Hell's Gate State Park, Idaho

Big Pine Campground, South Dakota

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:44 pm

well said...
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Post by Vdubtech » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:50 pm

First campout of 2007. True Canadian Winter Bus Campout Feb 07:

And the last campout of the year...Letchworth State Parl 10/07:

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:53 pm

Hyder, AK

Dease River, BC

Liard Hotsprings, BC

NorCal

Big Basin. No, I didn't bring that Miller, but I brought that spinach dip...
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

turk

Post by turk » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:24 am

Cool shots people! How'd you like South Dakota LiveonJG? I had a cool spot in the National Forest - probably in Wyoming right on the border - WAY back in the pines. Cool winter camp Vdubtech. I look forward to some of that myself. a few from september 2006:

ImageLookout Mtn. Ochoco Mountains, Oregon
Hell's Half-Acre, Idaho and a series of a cool spot in eastern Idaho in the Targhee Forest. On a bench wheatfield. The cool scenery (not pictured here) was down in the canyons below leading to the Snake River.
ImageTeton Wilderness, Wyoming
I feel like I should donate a few bucks to the website now....

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:33 am

I really like that one looking back out the sliding door. Great color!
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

turk

Post by turk » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:51 am

DjEep wrote:I really like that one looking back out the sliding door. Great color!
It was better in person. That was my favorite stop on the trip for various reasons. It was also when I knocked the camera off the folding table by the door while groping my beer and it landed in the dust and damaged it. Oh well. It still kind of works okay. I like the first shot you posted because the background looks wild. Nice set-up you got there. Nice looking chick with ya too.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:11 am

Nice pics! Of course I've seen em' already.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:45 am

turk wrote: I like the first shot you posted because the background looks wild. Nice set-up you got there. Nice looking chick with ya too.
Funny thing is that was a gravelly lot behind a motel in Alaska. Best campsite view of the whole trip. The two shots of the bus near the river, now that was "wild." It was a gorgeous campground on the Cassiar Hwy, owned by a nice Christian couple with sons "Rod and Todd" to keep up the place. 200+ miles from anything, and still they had the damn nicest outhouses I've ever seen. And a short canoe and hike up the river led to an abandoned gold miner's camp and cabin.

And the girl is only lookin' nicer as she tones up running up and down the stairs at work.... :wink:

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:09 am

A couple from this year... I miss summer already!
[albumimg]1284[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1283[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1281[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1279[/albumimg]
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

turk

Post by turk » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:21 am

Those look like some sweet spots sped372. Where are they?
DjEep, I thought Alaska when I first saw the shot behind the motel. Hey, a motel in Alaska is wild in my book. I enjoy camping free when possible. A side of the road spot off the shoulder can be nice. I've seen a few.

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:31 am

I did a mini-writeup earlier on the places we visited this year. We're looking forward to doing more fall trips once school is out of the way (ugh). Even so, we still managed to spend 1/3 days in the bus through the summer!

http://itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewtop ... ght=#41262
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:26 pm

turk wrote:How'd you like South Dakota LiveonJG?
I loved it. A beautiful state. We will go back, no doubt. Elkstrom Stage Station was a perfect place to camp, even the RV people there were cool.
-John
Keep it acoustic.

turk

Post by turk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:47 pm

LiveonJG wrote:
I loved it. A beautiful state. We will go back, no doubt. Elkstrom Stage Station was a perfect place to camp, even the RV people there were cool.
-John
I agree. S.D. has a lot to offer outdoors enthusiasts and it has some remote country. I want to go back. I also met nice people in the campsite I stayed at. I was broke and they told me not to worry about paying. Half-Moon Campground. Maybe in Custer National Forest. Way back -- 15 miles on gravel roads through badlands.

turk

Post by turk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:49 pm

LiveonJG wrote:
-John
I agree. S.D. has a lot to offer outdoors enthusiasts and it has some remote country. I want to go back. I also met nice people in the campsite I stayed at. I was broke and they told me not to worry about paying. Half-Moon Campground. Maybe in Custer National Forest. Way back -- 15 miles on gravel roads through badlands.
sped372 wrote:I did a mini-writeup earlier on the places we visited this year. We're looking forward to doing more fall trips once school is out of the way (ugh). Even so, we still managed to spend 1/3 days in the bus through the summer!
Wisconsin is quite a wonderland. I've been to a few of the spots you mention. Nice pics. I want to check out that Kettle Moraine State Forest. I love the Driftless Area too. Only seen a few parts and explored fewer but it is awesome.