Robbie on the Oregon Trail Camp - July 21 -24 2016

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Robbie on the Oregon Trail Camp - July 21 -24 2016

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:16 pm

tristessa wrote:Like I was saying, I'm game for leaving Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.
I can be there possibly late Wednesday night (around 8:30-9:30PM) or Thursday morning (9:30-10:00AM) between my The Dalles and Hood River appointments, if I can find my way around on dirt roads through mountains . . . I am only following directions to Summit Lake campground, but I don't know wherein I'd find Hambone & Compadres . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:51 pm

If it helps anyone:

45.032669, -121.790747

And sorry if I burst anyone's bubble, but I don't think I'm going to make the caravan/cara-bus. Plans have changed, as plans often do when you don't make them. :pirate: But I WILL be there! Bring my shampoo, Xevin!

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Rusty Sub
Getting Hooked!

Post by Rusty Sub » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:40 pm

OK, my plans are changing to. I would feel better giving Kirk some extra hands to deal with his engine issue Thursday morning. His gotta get that bus ready for Colin. If all goes well perhaps I can bus on up later. But I still have to leave Friday morning for work. I can already feel the hang over.
a.k.a Xevin

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:56 am

71whitewesty wrote:If coming from the Hood River side I think the route in is different. That's the way I would come. Hope I can find it, never been there but sounds good. Looks to me like it's paved most of the way but maybe not the last turn off? Anyone know how the roads in are?
I'm guessing you'd be coming in on NF42 (skyline road) off of hwy 26. Map looks like a straight shot from Hood River but I have not driven that stretch of 42. Hope to see you there.
Mike
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:57 am

Rusty Sub wrote:OK, my plans are changing to. I would feel better giving Kirk some extra hands to deal with his engine issue Thursday morning. His gotta get that bus ready for Colin. If all goes well perhaps I can bus on up later. But I still have to leave Friday morning for work. I can already feel the hang over.
Rusty,
Janelle and I will be leaving our place Thursday evening about 5:30.
Mike
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Rusty Sub
Getting Hooked!

Post by Rusty Sub » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:18 am

Thanks Mike, I will keep that in mind and text you if I go.
a.k.a Xevin

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:43 am

Long as y'all make it everything's fine.

Colin, I've got no idea where camp is more specifically than Summit Lake. If it's full or whatever we'll leave a note at the Summit Lake campground. My preference on the note is a paper plate with "youth tuba camp" in big black letters...
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:49 am

Tuba's already packed, how'd you know?
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

chachi
Old School!

Post by chachi » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:32 am

tristessa wrote:Bob suggested going out NF46 to NF42 but who knows. NF4660 would take us past the "4/20 birthday camp" spot, and the route mapped is actually more-or-less a route that Chachi and I were looking at exploring from the camp spot but never got around to .. thanks to my dead alternator among other things.
i seem to remember one of us going for a "nap" at like 4pm and then never reappearing...can't remember who that was...

detailing. pssssh. californians! :scratch:
1974 transporter panel, 2.0 dual solex
1991 vanagon NAHT, RJE 2.3

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:38 am

I will be leaving Battleground tonight after my last massage, should be on the road around 9:30 pm...gonna pull in really late. Probably wake everyone up just for fun. Can't wait to see you yahoos...
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:57 am

chachi wrote:i seem to remember one of us going for a "nap" at like 4pm and then never reappearing
I said, and I quote, "AMONG OTHER THINGS"! AND! It was more like 7:30...
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:13 am

asiab3 wrote:If it helps anyone:

45.032669, -121.790747

And sorry if I burst anyone's bubble, but I don't think I'm going to make the caravan/cara-bus. Plans have changed, as plans often do when you don't make them. :pirate: But I WILL be there! Bring my shampoo, Xevin!

Robbie

Robbie!
Your NAME is on the thread! You are as bad as me skipping the 2007 Arctic Circle Tour!
ColinJusSayin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:54 am

Amskeptic wrote: Robbie!
Your NAME is on the thread! You are as bad as me skipping the 2007 Arctic Circle Tour!
ColinJusSayin
Oh I'll BE there. I've just been having the most wonderful time in Hood River that I can't justify driving back to Portland to drive back here eight hours later. Might even get to the campout tonight, if the weather allows.

(Get it? Because we're rivaling San Diego for "warmth" today at 80* and I still have to wash the windows and dust off the heat exchangers…)

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

71whitewesty
Addicted!

Post by 71whitewesty » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:06 pm

I'm going to try and convoy up with Robbie this afternoon from Hood River. Maybe leave around 3. I'm also going to try and drag him up to Timberline Lodge and swing by little crater lk on the way to Summit Lake. (Then I'm going to try and get him to swim across little crater lake while I take a picture. I think the water temp is about 36-37 degrees but looks sooo inviting.
I will probably just go overnight and then head back because it's supposed to be real windy here Thursday and Friday. But heck I might even drive back up there in the evenings to hang out with you all some more. If anyone wants to try and meet up around Government Camp today, let me know and we'll have a nice parade of busses.

71whitewesty
Addicted!

Post by 71whitewesty » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Good camping up there. It's 1 hour 15 minutes from Hood River. I plan to go back up this eve. Robbie, Hambone, Gypsie were there when I left this morning.