Lake Kegonsa - 07/2015

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

sped372
IAC Addict!

Lake Kegonsa - 07/2015

Post by sped372 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:37 am

Well, it ended up just being an overnight, but we did go camping again... We struck out early on Friday morning, girls in the back and boys up front. We minimized our gear enough that we could all go in the bus together, which was fun and felt much more appropriate.

Per the typical routine, we stopped at a diner along the way for breakfast. This has become a vital part of traveling, so much so that my son will now start demanding "num nums" whenever we approach a new small town while driving.

We found our site and made camp. It felt a little easier this time, but still way more work than it was with just two adults.

The mosquitoes were pretty terrible, unfortunately. We spent a good part of the evening inside the tent but even so, the kids were getting torn up and looked horrible in the morning so we decided to head home. There wasn't too much to do at the park anyway, since the swimming beach wasn't as nice as we had hoped.

After some swinging,

we packed down and putted north again.

Of course, we had to go through a drive through to get some friench fries because someone was demanding "num nums." :flower:

1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

Mike Boell
Old School!

Re: Lake Kegonsa - 07/2015

Post by Mike Boell » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:19 am

Looks like you had a great family outing, thanks for sharing some pictures.
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Wish it would have lasted a bit longer, but at least the kids are getting plenty of outdoors exposure, camping or otherwise.
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:33 am

It will get easier! Used to change my kid's diaper in the passenger seat, now she's clearing trails...
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Happyfolk
Getting Hooked!

Post by Happyfolk » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:56 pm

Hey sped372, i live near you and have been to Lake Kegonsa before. Have you ever been to Blue Mound State Park? Really nice, few bugs, flush toilets and showers, and a new pool with a splash pad for little ones. I highly recommend it!
79 CA FI Westy
Mexico Beige
"Sandy"

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:28 am

Yes, we've been there but not since the pool was redone. Nice looking bus! If you're ever heading up my way shoot me a note.
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX