Blair Lake?

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Blair Lake?

Post by DjEep » Fri May 04, 2012 10:48 am

So, I remember there being some interest when I mentioned this spot at the last gathering. It's one of the few semi-developed campgrounds I like. Gorgeous setting, nearby warm spring, crystal clear high mountain lake, multiple campsite options, low traffic...

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.83985 ... oramio.all
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Re: Blair Lake?

Post by DjEep » Fri May 04, 2012 10:50 am

Bring something to float on and yer poles!
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Tue May 08, 2012 11:52 am

DjEep wrote:So, I remember there being some interest when I mentioned this spot at the last gathering. It's one of the few semi-developed campgrounds I like. Gorgeous setting, nearby warm spring, crystal clear high mountain lake, multiple campsite options, low traffic...

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.83985 ... oramio.all
When were you thinking of going?
Mike
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue May 08, 2012 1:05 pm

That's up to group consensus. I know it's not just a stones-throw from PDX, So better let some dates get thrown out. And there is also a great brewpub right when you head out of Oakridge, about 15-20 miles from the spot.

Here's the warm spring on the way, about 8 miles before camp, set in a gorgeous old growth grove on a rushing creek.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue May 08, 2012 1:50 pm

What about in October? Would make a good fall camp.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue May 08, 2012 6:28 pm

That might be good, I'm sure there will be snow blocking the way for a few more weeks at least, then summer events like the DRR, Woodburn and such.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Tue May 29, 2012 1:56 pm

ha, killah ripe! eep, we went back to the brewery. had burgers and a couple meads.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:57 am

Bump!

Let's do this one, folks. 3-5 hours from portland, depending on how scenic a route ya take.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:07 pm

interested. i think i sunk a valve. could take blue bus, but that's questionable at this point.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:11 pm

We'll get ya there somehow. On my way over after a stop for sushi.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Speaking of camping, I took the Ghia up to Cougar Res the other night, and it was sad to see what used to be a peaceful place over-run with powerboats blaring bad country and emergency vehicles. Gotta love being in the woods and still seeing the disco-lights of the police as they bust people for going to the hot springs at night or shake down OCFairgoers at their pre-Fair camp site. Is there no respite?

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Gotta find the back door places where the idiots fear to tread. Any known camps will be overrun.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:57 pm

I usually do go deep. But I also frequent that area and have never seen it that bad.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:47 am

Oy! Right after I was talking about this the other day, I saw a big article in the "Life" section of the local paper talking all about the "little known gems of Blair Lake and Wall Creek Warm Springs." There goes the neighborhood.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:01 pm

dingo's friends arrived from yosemite.
talk more after innings. thneeds berry weeds, needs
fire
discussion
mead
lowest snow
mead
downhill

lagunitas tree tonight
go ems. total number of runs scored tonight divided by itself is the number of bottles at warm springs.