All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: Blair Lake?

Post by Sylvester » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:05 am

dingo wrote:
skin daddio wrote:Image
Who is who in these shots? And an explanation since the seem to contain secret meanings.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 am

From top:
Dingo
Skindaddio
Me...
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Have you guys ever been to Boulder Creek? It looks very "Clackamas"; clearcuts and wilderness. Oregon Field Guide had a show on the North Umpqua last nite, sure looks wonderful. A huge lava flow a couple thousand years ago filled in an entire river canyon, causing the river to cut a new route and creating many strange pools and waterfalls. I dig it.

Blair 1938
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:25 pm

No, Sounds awesome though. Where is it?

And that map is awesome too. Has the springs and the shelter, and salmon creek road still turns to gravel and fades away into smaller offshoots and trails right about where it ends on that map.

Thinking about heading up that way this weekend to scout some potential spots, in case the campground is occupied, which is unlikely, since a regular at the shop happens to be a Forest Service Stooge and said they are getting ready to close it for the winter and it hasn't been too used in the last weeks.... or I just find a cool spot.

Soooo, any more newssss? I heard one vote for 27th and one half-vote for 20th, so right now it looks like 27th is in the lead... Me n Skin are ready to go whenever, just gotta grab some beers. Trying to get a couple of local non-IAC bus folks to come along too. Yay! Newbies!
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

hambone

Post by hambone » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Is anyone able to make this? It will be our "Hunter's Moon". Early Nov. is an option too, but of course we push our luck with snow the later we go. El Nino this year they "THEY" claim, we'll see.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:32 pm

::d-cry:: I'm out for the 27th but I could do November 9th.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:41 am

I've never seen snow up there before December. Rain, maybe, but we're Oregonians, we can handle it.

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:17 am

I can not make the 27th.
Mike
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Post by Xelmon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:48 am

Hm, and I'm doing the Vet's day parade on Nov 10th.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:36 pm

hambone and mike, can you do the ninth? And Adam, just bring the parade with you :D

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 pm

DjEep wrote:hambone and mike, can you do the ninth? And Adam, just bring the parade with you :D
I can not do the ninth. Aunt and Uncles 50th anniversary.
Can anyone do the first weekend, Nov. 3rd & 4th ?
Mike
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Post by Xelmon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Hm... I could be down for Nov 3/4.

hambone

Post by hambone » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:07 pm

I think I can do the 4th weekend. Maybe even an extra day.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Ok. Let's ay the 3rd/4th then?

If there is some freak early snow, we can camp a little lower, like near the springs, but I doubt there will be more than some late night dustings if anything by then.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Took a little reconnaissance mission up there today. The campground is "closed" for the season, which just means the privies are locked and there is a sign on the garbage that says "Closed, please pack out your trash". So looks like we will have a fee-free and lo-traffic weekend. I also ventured out to the shelter at Spring Prairie. That place is amazing. If for some reason the campground is occupied or otherwise undesirable, we can stay there, it's about 4-5 miles from the lake up a road comparable to ol' 4610, with breathtaking views the whole way. Either way, we need to plan another trip to the shelter next summer, because the views are amazing and there is room for 100 buses.