Sylvester going to Cloudland Canyon State Park, Georgia

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: Sylvester going to Cloudland Canyon State Park, Georgia

Post by Sylvester » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:33 am

VWGirl wrote:Only 600 stairs? You must have only gone to one of the waterfalls then lol.

Do you have any more pics of Les's splitty trailer? I haven't gotten to check it out in person yet.
Just a few more from the same angle I will check. I thought it was very neat, but don't know the history, do you?

The funny dog story was my wife and I made flat iron steak and red beans and rice for the potluck. In the pouring rain under a tarp at night, it was a daunting task for sure. When we finished we walked to the otherside of the campground, in the rain, in the dark, to the pavilion where the pot luck was being held. I took the light and the flat iron in a skillet, my wife took an umbrella, a drink, a light and the red beans and rice in a pot with a lid, on a pail in the crook of her arm. I got there first, aNd headed back to help with my wife's load. It was a bit chilly, and when I reached her my wife made the comment that the red beans and rice on her side sure was warm and comforting during the long walk over. When we reached the pavilion, we found the red beans and rice had spilled out of the pot, and drenched the side of her hoodie, her pants and shoe with steamy Cajun cookout. That is exactly when the other campers dogs noticed too, with three lab sized dogs instantly became my wife's best friends, licking the spill off her with a hungry dog ferver. Surrounded by ecstatic dogs, my wife made a comical scene that I think I was the only one to witness. For a brief moment or two, we made three dogs very happy.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:20 am

Very nice. It looks cold!
I'll bet there's some old growth forest in there. That tree is certainly a couple hundred years old. How big is the park?
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:46 pm

hambone wrote:Very nice. It looks cold!
I'll bet there's some old growth forest in there. That tree is certainly a couple hundred years old. How big is the park?
The park is 2,219 Acres. I am surprised there are any old trees in here, that one was on the bottom of the valley and Georgia has a history of having cut down everything in the 1800's. I am betting in the spring this forest is a site to behold. This was our first camp and hiking combination, we want to include that or kayaking with camping going forward, and I am looking forward to new places to go. chitown and Turks adventure in Florida last year was read intensively by myself.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

VWGirl
Getting Hooked!

Post by VWGirl » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:58 pm

There really isn't much history on that trailer... He just built it, and to my knowledge this is the first campout he has taken it to. Les does his own paint and body work and fabbed it up himself. Great work huh?

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:09 pm

VWGirl wrote:There really isn't much history on that trailer... He just built it, and to my knowledge this is the first campout he has taken it to. Les does his own paint and body work and fabbed it up himself. Great work huh?
It was a real nice set up, did he make if from an old split?