Hunter's Moon & Sausage Festival - October 22-24 2010

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeah, it was a white knuckle ride :cyclopsani:

Thanks all, great to see everyone and meet new folks!!!! Glad I took tomorrow off...now I get to unpack at a snail's pace =D>
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:59 pm

spiffy wrote:Yeah, it was a white knuckle ride :cyclopsani:

Thanks all, great to see everyone and meet new folks!!!! Glad I took tomorrow off...now I get to unpack at a snail's pace =D>
Great to see you again Mike. Send the best to your better half. See ya at Nehalem! Wet wet wet...dirty dirty dirty...unpack.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Here's the paper bus in case yours got wet this morning:

Click on image for printable version.
Happy Hunter's Moon!

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Vanwilder
Getting Hooked!

Post by Vanwilder » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Such a great time. Great group of folks having an incredible time.Check out video of the trip, I hope you enjoy it. Can't wait for Nehalam. Not sues if if yo can embed video in here. I tried and was not able to. If you did not make this trip here is a good look at the fun.

So having said all that here the the Youtube link: Sorry if it is not yet processed yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4mVBJGTSiw
83" Westy "Lemona" *Sold*
83" Vanagon GL "VanWilder"
2000" BMW 528i
Trek 6000 MTB
http://s983.photobucket.com/albums/ae31 ... er_photos/

Oregon72
IAC Addict!

Post by Oregon72 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Looks like a great place to camp. That place looks like it could hold accomodate quite a few buses. I would definitely like to check that spot out sometime ---I always prefer a spot next to a river, stream, lake or creek. I was thinking you guys probably had ran into some precip this time, but at least you had nice weather for part of it - long enough to cook up a sausage or two I hope.
-'72 Westy-

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Vanwilder wrote:So having said all that here the the Youtube link: Sorry if it is not yet processed yet.

As of 10:35, not yet processed.

Damn!

Looking forward to it JC.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:36 am

Was I anywhere close?
rl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/firstwesty/5114379940/]Image[/url]
100_2786 by Mike P B, on Flickr

I haven't met all of you yet and did not chime in on attending this camp out but the last minute on Saturday my wife, daughter and I got away. We drove down 3530 about 3 miles following Marks directions. Beautiful day. My wife was following the directions while I watched for the bus in-golfing ruts (there were a few) The directions said take a right at National Forest Development Rd after 1 mile. We kept looking for that right turn and after 3 miles decided to turn back. It wasn't until we were back onto Hwy 26 I looked at the directions to inform wifey that it was all the same Rd, 3530. Damn, had I looked I think we were about 5 miles from camp. Next time.
Mike
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:43 am

=D> Great video JC!

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:52 am

Mike Boell wrote:Was I anywhere close?
rl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/firstwesty/5114379940/]Image[/url]
100_2786 by Mike P B, on Flickr

The directions said take a right at National Forest Development Rd after 1 mile.
Huh? What directions were you following? Mine or the directions GoogleMaps kicks out...I never trust those things as Google has never been camping in the woods :geek:

Here are the directions I posted....
Real easy. Take 26 to the 43. Go left and follow 8-10 miles or so. RIGHT BEFORE you cross the White River, there will be a big sandy turnout on your left, with a sign to Barlow Crossing. Directly opposite on your right is a road ... follow this. You'll go past White River Station campground (last ditch option if we need it) and about 2 miles futher you'll cross the White River. Keep going another 1/2 mile or so (you'll pass a couple well defined two tracks) and you'll see the turn off to the camp. The icon with the "bus" IS PLAN A! The icon with the teepee is plan b.... Last I was there there was a huge log that fell across the road 20 yards past the turn. There is a sign of some sort at the turn...we'll put up plates or something. Or Zane will sit there burning sparklers until you arrive.

Were you in White River Station campground? Or, did you go left and visit one of the many Barlow Creek sites? Shucks! Sorry you didn't find us! Next time!

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:20 am

Huh? What directions were you following? Mine or the directions GoogleMaps kicks out...

Hi deschutestrout,
I thought I was following your directions from an earlier post that included the Googlemaps.
Yes, I clicked on the driving directions and was following those. ':pale:'
I went 2.6 miles past the hwy 35 / hwy 26 split towards Hood River and turned right onto Barlow Rd/Natl Forest Development Rd 3530. Followed that about 3 miles in. :cyclopsani:

deschutestrout wrote:
Here's the spot http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 6&t=h&z=16
Real easy. Take 26 to the 43. Go left and follow 8-10 miles or so. RIGHT BEFORE you cross the White River, there will be a big sandy turnout on your left, with a sign to Barlow Crossing. Directly opposite on your right is a road ... follow this. You'll go past White River Station campground (last ditch option if we need it) and about 2 miles futher you'll cross the White River. Keep going another 1/2 mile or so (you'll pass a couple well defined two tracks) and you'll see the turn off to the camp. The icon with the "bus" IS PLAN A! The icon with the teepee is plan b.... Last I was there there was a huge log that fell across the road 20 yards past the turn. There is a sign of some sort at the turn...we'll put up plates or something. Or Zane will sit there burning sparklers until you arrive.

:cyclopsani:
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:22 am

Vanwilder wrote:Such a great time. Great group of folks having an incredible time.Check out video of the trip, I hope you enjoy it. Can't wait for Nehalam. Not sues if if yo can embed video in here. I tried and was not able to. If you did not make this trip here is a good look at the fun.

So having said all that here the the Youtube link: Sorry if it is not yet processed yet.

wooohoo! Very nice! Thanks for putting that together.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Vanwilder
Getting Hooked!

Post by Vanwilder » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 am

Glad you guys like the video. I like making them. I still have footage from Plaza Lake I need to produce.

Can you embed the video into this sites pages? Ne 1? N 1?

Great time once again ,, Nehalem!!!!
2000" BMW 528i
Trek 6000 MTB

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:37 am

Mike Boell wrote:Huh? What directions were you following? Mine or the directions GoogleMaps kicks out...

Hi deschutestrout,
I thought I was following your directions from an earlier post that included the Googlemaps.
Yes, I clicked on the driving directions and was following those. ':pale:'
I went 2.6 miles past the hwy 35 / hwy 26 split towards Hood River and turned right onto Barlow Rd/Natl Forest Development Rd 3530. Followed that about 3 miles in. :cyclopsani:

deschutestrout wrote:
Here's the spot http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 6&t=h&z=16

:cyclopsani:
You were at Forest Creek camp. That is the "back road" in...you would have eventually found us...but that road is gnarley! That is the route Zane and I took when we originally found the site...but, there was a 5' diameter old growth blocking the road 20 yards from the turnoff into camp so we had to backtrack. That log is now gone. Plan for Nehalem...that is a dandy...thread is in the "club gatherings" section...not camping.

Vanwilder
Getting Hooked!

Post by Vanwilder » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 am

LiveonJG wrote:
Vanwilder wrote:So having said all that here the the Youtube link: Sorry if it is not yet processed yet.

As of 10:35, not yet processed.

Damn!

Looking forward to it JC.

-John
hehehhe it's up John :cheers:
2000" BMW 528i
Trek 6000 MTB

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:12 am

You were at Forest Creek camp. That is the "back road" in...you would have eventually found us...but that road is gnarley! Plan for Nehalem...that is a dandy..

Yep,
Forest Creek camp is about where we turned around and yes, the road is was gnarley.
We plan to attend Nehalem this year and have researved site A37.
I'll also be following the camping thread here more closely. Looks like I missed out on a great retreat.
See you at the beach.
Mike
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City