Itinerant Air-Cooled Clouds

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Itinerant Air-Cooled Clouds

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:03 am

It seems a bit stoopit to try to describe clouds that have been painfully reduced to photographs, but these were so luminescent. The sunlight was coming down through their tops and you could see this amazing glow coming out beneath, sort of like looking at a deep inner nuclear reaction within them. I do not know why I like clouds so much (as long as they do not block my equally beloved sunlight), but apparently others have been transfixed by them as well, this notion that heaven is amongst the clouds and that angels dance and cavort within them speaks of their draw. Sort of like flames, their constant change and artistry lulls me into a trance.

That they also throw light is appealing to the untrained watercolor artist in me. This evening Wyoming sky at the abandoned ranch was rich in earthy tones, but there was a perfect blob of brighter light that added silver to all of the old wood and tired grasses. What can you say when you sense huge history from the planet meeting the eye of the sky in a spot that makes our human endeavors, long ago ceased here at the ranch, look so small and fleeting but touchingly earnest?
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

soulful66
Addicted!

Post by soulful66 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:58 pm

If ya ever get up to the Dakota's, the lighting of the clouds there is breathtaking. Thanks for the photos of yout travels, they are inspiring.
Best Regards,
John
'72 westy 3TC
'73 westy 1700 dual solex
'79 westy 2000 F.I.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:42 pm

puff puff PASS
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:51 am

hambone wrote:puff puff PASS
You asked for it man, it is like so cosmic when the juxtaposition of ethereal ephemerals enlightening the like enlightened, you know what I mean? [ssssssssssssphoooh (that's the sound of bogarting that joint)] that it opens your eyes, man, to the grand plan, man, to you know see the light of the light of the clouds lighting your lights, if you can see in the first place because you know the Establishment is blinding itself to turn towards the darkness of greed, can you sssssssphhhhooooOOOO coughcoughcoughcoughcough damn man don't waste it, anyways it's cosmic. . . .
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:00 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
hambone wrote:puff puff PASS
You asked for it man, it is like so cosmic when the juxtaposition of ethereal ephemerals enlightening the like enlightened, you know what I mean? [ssssssssssssphoooh (that's the sound of bogarting that joint)] that it opens your eyes, man, to the grand plan, man, to you know see the light of the light of the clouds lighting your lights, if you can see in the first place because you know the Establishment is blinding itself to turn towards the darkness of greed, can you sssssssphhhhooooOOOO coughcoughcoughcoughcough damn man don't waste it, anyways it's cosmic. . . .
Far out man! That's some groovy lingo. Like I was just thinking...

wait...

what?

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:00 pm

Have you guys seen the Oreos?...
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:22 am

Did somebody say Oreos?
Keep it acoustic.