Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings ex-OR

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Itinerant Air-Cooled Greetings ex-OR

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:01 pm

I am beat.

Had a good day with LiveonJG down in Oregon with his powerfully purple bus. LiveonJg has a good handle on his ride, and it looks like we need to deal with just the little details . . . like incorrectly rotated caliper pistons and missing pad shims.

Later in the day, we got to enjoy a visit from the local VW gang, I enjoyed meeting more usernames in person, BoobsnHamSandwiches, skindaddio, DJEep and DJEep's SO(am I allowed to use your RL name?) and DJEep's dog, the famous Geri Lou which is the THE quintessential VW Westfalia camper, it just radiated the whole phenomenom, and I also got to meet the skindaddio dualcab pick-up just after it had relinquished the deck lid screws. I wanted to drive Geri Lou in the worst way, but I was on the clock with LiveonJG.

Portland was . . . the best of times and the worst of times. I had a successful morning with MissZora's misszora bus, blasting through some bizarre mis-diagnoses and getting it running nicely, but after watching her tune up the Vandejo Westy with great satisfaction, we witnessed the last gasp of her automatic transmission. Just up and died between the time we parked it and finished timing it five minutes later. That cast a pall over our triumphs. . . . :pale:

Enjoyed a Lucky Lab evening with Westy78, Gypsie, Ruckman101, Hambone,Tristessa, and pint-sized new generation VW enthusiasts, and hit the road for Washington where it is a chilly freezing cold 68*.
Colin :colors:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:40 pm

That a nice photo there, Colin. :flower:

And for the record, I would KILL for a 68* day. Most of our days are 32* warmer, not counting the humidity factor.

Since you're heading north again, guess you don't wanna know about this:

Philip Glass
Appomattox
World Premiere: October 6, 2007
San Francisco Opera, CA
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:07 pm

fun seeing the Eugene crew! Can't believe you're griping about 68 degrees... put on a sweater. It's been over 100 here for more than a week, and very humid with the last of hurricane Dean's clouds. Got up to 108 today. Was 106 yesterday. (melting)

Are those eyelashes on Geri-Lou?
71 bus, 74 westy

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:44 pm

Colin,
The pictures turned out great. Sorry I haven't had time to do a proper write up (maybe after I have a kitchen again). I installed the shims today after a quick piston re-rotation. I had no idea the disc brakes were so simple. :blackeye:

Colin you are an asset to this community. Thank you for sharing your limitless knowledge and teaching us how to keep our VWs running forever.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:17 pm

stone cold chillin, nice to relax and be with the folks.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:49 am

Yeah, she got the Eyelashes in Chetwyn, BC, while we were working on Max's cracked block in a parking lot.

The smile she picked up at the Hot Springs.

I'da let ya drive Geri if ya asked, Colin. She'da been honored. I doubt Brenda would mind either... :geek:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:20 pm

DjEep wrote: I'da let ya drive Geri if ya asked, Colin. She'da been honored. I doubt Brenda would mind either... :geek:
I'll be back. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Colin :cyclopsani:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:20 am

Yea, she's a cutie, DJ.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:21 am

M'bus, or m'lady? :blackeye:

'Cause it ain't a great pic of either. :blackeye: :blackeye:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?