Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

bottomend
Hardliest Working Man In Show Business

Post by bottomend » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:32 pm

We need pic and vids people. C'mon!

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:23 am

What a great bunch of folks!!!! Although they could only stick around an hour or so due to time restraints, we got a chance to connect a bit. Thanks for stopping by, safe travells to y'all and hope to see you in a month! Godspeed!
[albumimg]903[/albumimg]
[albumimg]904[/albumimg]
[albumimg]905[/albumimg]
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

77_Bus_Girl
100th MEMBER!!!

Post by 77_Bus_Girl » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:17 am

thanks for the pics!
Love your bus.

77 Westy

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:29 am

ha ha, I just realized that Elwood is the bluesvan. Didn't know what color he was, but duh! I hope everyone is having fun! Ya'll are looking like road warriors.
71 bus, 74 westy

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:33 am

Just a big Thanks to Hambone for helping me out. I got spread mighty thin trying to pack for this trip and was throwing in many things not needed after so many miles. Not only did I get to share a couple of beers in Portland with him and his wife and darling daughter Eva that will turn 3 on tues. No wonder "Papa" is proud !!! she is a true Jewel. Hope I get to see her again on my return trip. The space and weight relief was obvious from the beginning of the first night stop at a rest stop in Washington.

Now in Canada and will meet up with others Sunday, I will let them tell their story. Me? Well Elwood and I are very happy to be here, it was not easy or inexpensive, but worth every effort. My thanks to Anthony for posting some of my pictures ,I have other places in my life to see and photograph so have no intention to spill my guts on this forum. Life is a fleeting thing and I just will not degrade this marvalous time with negitivity.
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:08 pm

I am so jealous of everyone going on this trip! I wanted to go and bring my Wife & Son so badly. I wish you all luck. I know it will be an unforgettable experience. I will do this someday.

Too bad you guys weren't starting next weekend. I'll be taking the Bus on the first road trip. We're going to S.F., Santa Rosa, Petaluma & San Rafael to see family & friends. We could have all met up or something. Maybe on the way back.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:10 pm

Roll on gang! Welcome to Canada, ay? =D> :drunken:
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:37 pm

Just in case you haven't found a good weather site, here is one. I've been looking around for satellite radar weather images of NW Canada. This one seems pretty good. You can click 'play' for a moving loop. You can increase the number of images per loop if desired. Thinking of you, Barb.
NW CANADA Weather
71 bus, 74 westy

Elwood
IAC Addict!

On my own pace

Post by Elwood » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:40 am

Sitting in a Starbucks parking lot in Abbotsford. Just watched Gerrie Lou and Max's bus pull off to go who knows what way??? I think they will travel better together and I wish them a safe and happy trip. It just got down to me hanging out for them to get there chores done and I did,nt mind at all, but when I was not ready to roll when they were it got really tense, along with name-calling, not from DjEep but his lady. We don,t need that, she informed that she did not want to travel with me anymore. Oh well Im not afraid or mad just sadly disapointed because I think Anthony is great.

I will continue heading north and post when I can. Wish they would have taken Elwoods pic crossing the border but that is his dash in the one of Geri-Lou. :cheers:
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:38 am

I am so bummed that I missed Y'all on your pass through Ptown. I really would have loved to connect in person with you folk. Good luck on the Journey. Keep posting so we can journey with you in spirit.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:53 am

Barb- Just keep on trucking. Stay in touch with us when you can please. We are with you in spirit.
Namaste
-Russ

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:21 am

Life's too short for drama! Besides ya'll need each other on the long journey.....keep us posted.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:41 am

I'm sure everything will work it's self out in the long run. When you get a few free spirits together, sometimes there is friction. Just like in a family. Just remember all of you have a family right here ready to listen, and help if necessary. I hope you all can keep on traveling onward with open minds and hearts, and hopefully the love will return.
:flower:
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

regalasr
Getting Hooked!

Post by regalasr » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:05 am

Good Karma for Elwood this week. I was looking in a trashed out bug and found a very nice original round red reflector under the seat. Gonna look good on him.
I got all the baywindow parts

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:12 pm

That red reflector will look marvalous :flower: Thanks Steve and everyone for the spirt of the IAC. Good bus thoughts.

Im in Quesnel just south of Prince George now. Great museum here I wanted to check out for the Gold Rush History. Im finding canadian people very helpfull and friendly and their provential parks, not only beautifull but clean and staffed with great rangers. Had my very first camp fire last night at Green Lake. IT was just getting on sunset as I pulled in and the misqutoes(sp) were as Paul descriped. But I was ready fo them with my deet wipes and did not receive one bite :cheers: They hung around in and out side of Elwood and a few even hitched a ride as I left this am. The road has treated Elwood well, been raining most of the time so I replaced the blades in Hope. Very helpfull young manager stood out in the rain with me to add adaptor Bosch blades need. The part #is wrong in the book and is obvious when you get 18" instead of the needed 15" and of coarse it did not rain for the next 200 miles but they got a work out today starting in Wiliams Lake till here.

I feel good and so confidant that Elwood will take me as far North as I choose to go. Not sure about the Dempster as yet. May go across over to Alaska and take a route there to the Circle for Solstice. But then I just mite find me a creek to do a little pannin' Already having thoughts about how strong a engine to put in Jake for the '08 trip and he has a full roof rack for supplies - plus - hopefully more like kind buspilots would be along. Love, B/E
'69 weekender ~ Elwood