WTB Volkswagen Vanagon

Buy & Sell all your Air-Cooled vehicles here! VW, Porsche, etc...

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, bretski

joshuashredwards
I'm New!

WTB Volkswagen Vanagon

Post by joshuashredwards » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:50 am

I'm in search of my first Volkswagen van; hoping to find a '86 - '91 with my budget in the 10k range. I am open to all other recommendations though! Any guidance would be appreciated!

-Josh

tommu
Old School!

Re: WTB Volkswagen Vanagon

Post by tommu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:18 pm

How's the search going Josh?

joshuashredwards
I'm New!

Post by joshuashredwards » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:02 am

It's coming. I have found a lot of help from forums like Itinerant-Air-Cooled and Full Moon Bus Club, but I have not found the right van! The search still continues.

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:55 am

Well where about are you located? I know of a few Vanagon Westies for sale in Southern California, but I can't be much help elsewhere.

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

joshuashredwards
I'm New!

Post by joshuashredwards » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:34 am

I'm located in Charleston, SC. Southern California is a little too far for me, but thank you for the thought!

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:41 pm

are you looking for a westy or a tintop? I am thinking of "thinning my herd" here in North Florida and have a nice unmolested totally stock 7passenger diesel tintop... Can't believe I just typed that..., (and don't hate me for selling Colin I offered her to you for a Itinerant lap first you know!).
jeff
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

joshuashredwards
I'm New!

Post by joshuashredwards » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:50 am

I am interested in both options. If I purchased a tintop, I would eventually convert it to a high-top myself. Feel free to give me a call @ 843.200.8051 when you have some free time!

Thank you,

WaterDawg
Getting Hooked!

Post by WaterDawg » Mon May 22, 2017 7:09 am

joshuashredwards wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:50 am
I am interested in both options. If I purchased a tintop, I would eventually convert it to a high-top myself. Feel free to give me a call @ 843.200.8051 when you have some free time!

Thank you,

Joshua,

I'm in San Francisco, a bus on every corner - seriously. From here I go to Phoenix for a month.

I'll be heading East to New York after that. I'd be happy to drive a bus back for you for the cost of gas and hotel/campground (if you get a camper)

Let me know.
Larry
Larry Jensen
Follow me at
http://www.WonderofWander.com

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Mon May 22, 2017 11:42 am

Josh, good idea there! Larry is a friend of mine, and has stayed with me in Miami. The west does have a much greater selection, at better prices-supply and demand at work. I will certainly vouch for Larry-he's a terrific guy. Ian