WTB: Bay or Vanagon Westy

Buy & Sell all your Air-Cooled vehicles here! VW, Porsche, etc...

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, bretski

cek347
I'm New!

Re: WTB: Bay or Vanagon Westy

Post by cek347 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:11 am

Amskeptic wrote:The seam rust never has bothered me on Vanagons. Do check, however, the rear trailing arm mounting points.
Colin
Well if I go that route I'll be joining the itinerary, then you can give me some tips on cleaning up seams. Pittsburgh is 4.5 hours one way though.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... id=1878007

I'm 0-4 on other vans right now, getting a little discouraged. 3 literally sold in less then 24 hours. The last one posted on thesamba at 11:57pm, I sent a message 10am. Sold already.

The '78 is still located on someones property somewhere, the guy who has it posted can't seem to give me straight answer. I just left it at "if you ever get it somewhere that it can be seen let me know".

search philadephia craigsist, you can read the add if your bored.

I may get another project car to fix up and try to increase the cash or I may just move on.
15 Jetta Tdi 23k
01 Golf Tdi 267k RIP 2/4/15
WTB: Bay West or Vanagon Westy

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:17 pm

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

cek347
I'm New!

Post by cek347 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 am

Thanks, very nice van. While I love the bay and the air cooled, for practicality with two kids, an '85 weekender would be great. One of the vans that sold in less then 24 hours was an '85 Wolfsburg weekender, under my budget too. Just didnt check C-list for one whole night.....
15 Jetta Tdi 23k

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:15 am

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

cegammel
Addicted!

Post by cegammel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:20 pm

There's an 82 aircooled down here for about $3200. Check CL in Dothan, AL. It looks to be in good shape...

I lied...https://dothan.craigslist.org/cto/5375007564.html

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:52 am

cegammel wrote:There's an 82 aircooled down here for about $3200. Check CL in Dothan, AL. It looks to be in good shape...

I lied...https://dothan.craigslist.org/cto/5375007564.html
That looks nice, engine needs Colin.

cek347
I'm New!

Post by cek347 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:44 am

Thanks for checking around. I'm just out of budget for a pop top. I'm going to fix up another car and see if I can increase the budget.
15 Jetta Tdi 23k