Airplane Transforms Into Pricey Car

Buy & Sell all your Air-Cooled vehicles here! VW, Porsche, etc...

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, bretski

emilyWright
I'm New!

Airplane Transforms Into Pricey Car

Post by emilyWright » Mon May 07, 2012 9:23 pm

It has been reported that visitors to the New York International Auto Show will have the opportunity to get a close look at the Terrafugia Transition, or more simply, the flying car. According to reports, the Transition is an airplane which can accommodate two people, and has wings which are capable of folding up when driving on a highway is required. The airplane reportedly has four wheels and comes equipped with turn signals. Transition is manufactured by a company in Massachusetts and it is primarily marketed to individuals in the aviation industry. Allegedly, after receiving numerous orders from customers who are not pilots, they decided the automotive industry warranted their attention.

Reportedly, the makers of the Transition say that its biggest selling asset is that it affords the owner the option of driving in the event that weather becomes a factor in their travels. They do agree that the
Transition will not meet everyone's needs, but those individuals who only need to travel a few hundred miles or so, could find it beneficial. Keep in mind, the price tag of $279,000 is reportedly something you may want to consider before placing your order.

Tech News Brought To You By http://optimizationtutor.com/
Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: Airplane Transforms Into Pricey Car

Post by Sylvester » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:15 am

I can afford that!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:16 am

I wonder about crash testing ......
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:36 am

Bleyseng wrote:I wonder about crash testing ......
I bet that was easy, 100% failure?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.