Buses By The Depot (& Annual BusDepot Warehouse Sale) Oc

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

busdepot
I'm New!

Buses By The Depot (& Annual BusDepot Warehouse Sale) Oc

Post by busdepot » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:17 am

It's Saturday October 2, in Green Lane, PA (not far from Philadelphia, Allentown, or Reading PA). There's a caravan to the Bus Depot for our annual Warehouse Sale (up to 90% off - serious bargains!), followed by a potluck dinner. You can come for the day for free, or stay overnight for $15. (Some people make it two nights for $30.)

I hope to see many of you there!

Link: http://busdepot.com/BBD2010.htm
- Ron Salmon
The Bus Depot, Inc.
www.busdepot.com

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:05 am

Hey Ron, not sure you check in here often, but how did this go? If I had been closer I would have gone.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

busdepot
I'm New!

Post by busdepot » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:45 am

It went well. We had a record turnout and a nice mix of Buses and Vanagons. There was torrential rain and local flooding a couple of days before, but fortunately it all had passed by the time BBTD came around.

We do it every year about the same time. Hopefully we'll see you in 2011!
- Ron Salmon
The Bus Depot, Inc.
www.busdepot.com

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:04 am

busdepot wrote:It went well. We had a record turnout and a nice mix of Buses and Vanagons. There was torrential rain and local flooding a couple of days before, but fortunately it all had passed by the time BBTD came around.

I just might make that part of a road trip. That warehouse dash for the cheap stash is appealing to me!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:18 pm

busdepot wrote:It went well. We had a record turnout and a nice mix of Buses and Vanagons. There was torrential rain and local flooding a couple of days before, but fortunately it all had passed by the time BBTD came around.

Man, if I had known, I coulda/woulda/shoulda stopped by. I was driving 740 miles from Atlanta to Maryland in that relentless rain!

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Man, if I had known, I coulda/woulda/shoulda stopped by. I was driving 740 miles from Atlanta to Maryland in that relentless rain!
Ahem...cough...ahem ... this thread has been here since September.

Anxiously awaiting my NEW, BIGGER Just Kampers awning from Ron! What a deal they have going now....order before the pre-order deal disappears! Even more coverage than the original...and the original is dandy!
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

busdepot
I'm New!

Post by busdepot » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Anxiously awaiting my NEW, BIGGER Just Kampers awning from Ron! What a deal they have going now....order before the pre-order deal disappears! Even more coverage than the original...and the original is dandy!
For those unaware, here's the deal he's talking about: http://busdepot.com/details/awning.jsp
Toward the bottom of the page, you get the new "super-sized" Ezy-Awning Plus for $10 more than the standard one, if you pre-order. They're due in about 5-6 weeks.
- Ron Salmon
The Bus Depot, Inc.
www.busdepot.com

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:56 pm

I ordered mine yesterday. Hope it gets here in time for a snow camp in December!
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Sluggo wrote:I ordered mine yesterday. Hope it gets here in time for a snow camp in December!
Who camps in December??? Oh, yeah...we do. :geek:
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

poptop tom
Old School!

Post by poptop tom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:45 am

I wonder how that longer awning holds up (support-wise) if the owner is only using the jackpoints?

Some pics of the larger unit might get a sale out of me!!
Mr. Blotto wrote, "Boy - thanks for the offer, but a month in poptop tom's world means 5 years"