Wet westies Leavenworth Octoberfest campout.

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm

We're staying in town, my brother-in-law just passed away Wednesday, and family trumps bus outings.....
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:18 pm

Emily's Owner wrote:We're staying in town, my brother-in-law just passed away Wednesday, and family trumps bus outings.....
Sorry to hear about the loss....maybe we will see you the next time around.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:19 pm

Thanks, he had just turned 40 on the 7th, and leaves behind two little ones and my sister, who's been a rock throughout his bout with cancer.

Being a grownup is hard sometimes.......
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:03 pm

Sorry to hear it Margaret. That cancer has no predjudice when it comes to age. Scares the crap out of me. I have it on both sides of the family.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:28 pm

We do too, I've had relatives who've beaten it, and too many who haven't....it's pretty scary stuff. I talked to my sister today, and my nephew (8 years) has suddenly realized that dad is truly gone - he's a little mad at the world at the moment - poor kid.
Margaret

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:49 pm

Emily's Owner wrote:We do too, I've had relatives who've beaten it, and too many who haven't....it's pretty scary stuff. I talked to my sister today, and my nephew (8 years) has suddenly realized that dad is truly gone - he's a little mad at the world at the moment - poor kid.
Poor guy...that is a very sensitive age for something like this to happen...old enough to know what is going on and realize the ramifications but young enough that it could shape the rest of his life. My Dad has always said that a family is what helps everyone get through tough times....I thought that was good advice when he said it and still do.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:52 pm

GETTING READY FOR BEER!!!

Leaving in the Morning....Westy78....you gonna make it???

:partyman:

8-[

:drinkers:

:rock:

:pottytrain5:

:thumbright:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:47 pm

So, how was it?

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:03 pm

Very nice!! Beautiful forest service campground and I had my first experience with Navan courtesy of Loren over a good conversation (he told me the story :thumbright: ). Bjorn (did his own TDI conversion into his synchro vanagon and brews his own Biodiesel) gave us a german beer class and tasting and then proceeded to play some great guitar over the campfire. Only 4 bays made it....the rest of the 25 or so vehicles were of the water cooled variety. Andrew had his 73 westy and Jaques had his 70 Adventurewagen and a newcomer John had his 71 westy there. The pot luck was great and as usual there was WAY too much food. We hit Octoberfest in Leavenworth on Saturday but the Bratwurst that we got actually kind of sucked...GO FIGURE. But it put us in the mood for some good German beer and a nice campfire, great night and good folks....no surprise there!!!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:14 pm

Sounds like I missed a good one. Ahhh....Navan, nectar of the gods :drunken:

You going to make it down to Champoeg next month?

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:17 pm

Westy78 wrote:Sounds like I missed a good one. Ahhh....Navan, nectar of the gods :drunken:

You going to make it down to Champoeg next month?
Word on the street is that there is no meet at the fairgrounds and that Dash Point is under construction. Andrew suggested that we meet up at Saltwater SP....I am thinking about throwing something together.....you got any ideas?
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:28 pm

I've heard the same thing. No fall meet this year. I really don't know any of the Washington coast so I'm no help there.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:32 pm

:scratch:

I think there needs to be something though, I like the early fall rainy campouts....brings out the die-hards! Deception pass would be a good spot as well....time to ponder and conjure!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

VWGirl
Getting Hooked!

Post by VWGirl » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:42 am

The weather up here is great! Too bad I missed the campout... I've seen quite a few VW's here in Kirkland since I got here last night...

time to go get under a nice warm blanket now so i can adjust my timezone a bit ;-)