Angels Camp Show TR (Hippo takes 2nd)

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Hippopotabus
Getting Hooked!

Angels Camp Show TR (Hippo takes 2nd)

Post by Hippopotabus » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:00 am

KINDA LENGTHY - Hit refresh once it loads.

This weekend I attended the Utica Park show in Angels Camp CA. This was kinda last minute for me to attend. I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm really really glad I attended the show. The show was put on by the local Murphy's / Angels Camp club (Mother Load Club - I believe). This was an excellent show. The classes where all VWAC vehicles. The dubs that showed as you'll see in the pics where totally dialed vehicles. So as you can imagine I was suprised to see that I took 2nd in T2 Modified 68 and newer. The show gates opened at 7am and there was a line of buses, bugs, ghia's etc. 20 bucks to get in but well worth it. Clean facilities (Bathrooms and the grassy grounds where immaculate).

Dubs showing up....

Set up right next to Kevin the key man. This guy will Key your locks for a price. He always always has a line so you need to get there early.

Bob and Greg chatting about the finer qualities of a dub.

SHAWEEEEET SPLITTY! Love the color.

Chit chat before the raffle. James (the guy giving the peace sign) won the grand raffle - A welder. You can also see Kevin talking shop.

Ghia with a rocket engine. You could eat off his tin.

OG T2 owned by a really nice lady who may have won the class (T2 OG).

Now comes the end of the show and the announcment of the winners.

AND NOW TYPE 2 MODIFIED 68 AND NEWER......

In 2nd place....... Tim Tu..... Tim Twoom..... Tim Touomebalahay.... All of a sudden someone comes over to me and says - Hey dude I think there calling your name..... REALLY! :cheers: :cheers: Yes yes that's me YEAAAAAA WAAAAAHOOOOO. I go runnin up to the stand and accept my plaque.

Yeee haw! 2nd place and I never ever win anything....

BUT the cat who beat me out for 1st place is a real standup guy. His name is Stan and I've seen him at many shows. This is his ride. Soooo worthy of the win.

A little blurb about Stans' bus. Super cool dude!

So if next year rolls around and you find yourself with an open weekend head on up to Angels Camp the next time they have this event.

After the show we decieded to find a water source (103 was the high for the day). We went down to the local watering hole

Fun show!

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:04 pm

Congratulations! Recognition for a fine bus (er, hippo).

I'd like to make it to that show next year (it would be my first). Rumor has it that some folks camp out the night before.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI