TN-MS-ARK camping trip

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

TN-MS-ARK camping trip

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:34 am

Anyone else in the tri states (Memphis) area wanting to get together for a camp out? I'd love to meet some local bus heads......Miss has some great places to camp Arkabutla lake and Wall Doxie st pk are great and close.

Anyone else interested?

Rick
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:38 am

Rick, Jeff and I are gonna be near Memphis camping on our way to NY from Austin, TX. What days are you talking about?

I've gotta thread, "Camping East of the Mississippi" going in (i think!) general chat...
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:16 pm

Rick- Maybe in the Fall. Hopefully by then I have the bus running. Memphis isn't that far way.

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:38 pm

Hey I can go north some and we can meet in the middle lotsa cool campin places in West TN along the river.....
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:23 am

Just to keep this thread up to date: zblair and her other half Jeff and I did meet for nice chat and meal on June the 18th in Meeman shelby state park....
After the sun went down the 'squiters would carry ya off, so we both retreated, me to inside the bus and them to their tent. (They were travelling in a late model PT Cruiser) (Jeff said he didn't trust his bus to go outta town, bummer) They got up way too early for me and split, after rounding up and retying up my wayward dog. Thanks great to meet ya all and thanks for the meal and dog save. Hope the rest of your trip went well.
Take care,
Rick

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:11 am

Rick, it was great meeting you and Jesse at the park! We'll probably both be posting later in the week but it is going great!

We might be headed your way again Thursday and/or maybe Friday but we won't know for certain until tomorrow. I'll pm you when I can probably tomorrow or Wednesday. :flower:

Thanks again for meeting up with us!

p.s. I have more mosquito bites from that night (on my legs mainly) than I've ever had in my entire life. But slowly they are starting to get better! Got Caladryl and bug soap so I am better prepared now for the rest of the week. OFF to Off!
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:51 am

On your way back thru if you'all wanna crash at the house, I 'd be glad to have ya....
Take care,
Rick