Bug Jam Nov 9th, anyone going?

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

weisswurst
Addicted!

Bug Jam Nov 9th, anyone going?

Post by weisswurst » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:25 am

I was just told about Bug jam by Corky of Sunray Bugs who I just had the pleasure of meeting recently.
What a nice fella he is and it's sad the raw deal the city did to him and his yard of VW's. :pukeright:
Corky gave my number to a promoter for the show that invited us to come with our diesel singlecab.
Going to make a family day of it! Anyone else coming down? My place is about an hour away (not VW speed probably!) :pirate:
It's a Sunday event so we were going down that morning from our place and can host some other buses
on my property for camping Friday and Saturday night before the jam...
jeff
Attachments
photo.jpg
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Re: Bug Jam Nov 9th, anyone going?

Post by Hobug » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:19 am

I will be there. Leaving Athens GA early on Thursday and going to Anna Maria Island for the week. We will be there for the Friday night party, Bulli Brigade on Saturday and Bug Jam on Sunday, then back to the beach for a couple of days. :drunken:

I'm taking my Thing down this year and the bus is going to the shop for body work.
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug
73 Thing (Type 4 powered)

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Cool! if you would like like a pit stop here let me know, I'm about 30mins off of I-75!
I got beers and bumper pool! :thumbleft:

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:35 am

weisswurst wrote:Cool! if you would like like a pit stop here let me know, I'm about 30mins off of I-75!
I got beers and bumper pool! :thumbleft:
Thanks for the invite. We usually go like hell to get there and then put on our shorts and open the beers. :drunken:

I'll give you a shout we if we deviate from the norm. :thumbright:
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug
73 Thing (Type 4 powered)

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:03 pm

I just scored a campsite in the RV area too so the wife and my son can sleep in the morning of the show as I
take the Singlecab in alone to get my assigned spot :compress:
Me? The older I get the less I sleep it seems :flower:
But we will be driving our diesel Sinka to the pre-jam at the Brass tap 2 miles away Sat night too and I hear they are serving at the jam as well! :occasion5:
Personally my RV fridge will be filled with beer incase any one runs out too... :pirate:
Hope to meet some IAC guys in person besides Colin! :scratch:
jeff

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:50 pm

weisswurst wrote:I just scored a campsite in the RV area too so the wife and my son can sleep in the morning of the show as I
take the Singlecab in alone to get my assigned spot :compress:
Me? The older I get the less I sleep it seems :flower:
But we will be driving our diesel Sinka to the pre-jam at the Brass tap 2 miles away Sat night too and I hear they are serving at the jam as well! :occasion5:
Personally my RV fridge will be filled with beer incase any one runs out too... :pirate:
Hope to meet some IAC guys in person besides Colin! :scratch:
jeff
IF . . . I were to go, it would be in a stripped out Chloe.
Mid-headliner job.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:28 am

Colin, my new place (pleeeenty of room too) is 5 hours from the Lawfirm.
Please feel free to visit and stay with us as we miss you and I just bought my son
a quality used piano too! As I know you don't like to be indoors much we have
some fun and exciting options for you to reside in here too.
One great option is a restored 1960's Scotty Serro Sportsman trailer (I love Lucy style). I can park
it way out back by the spring where the cows and chickens are for nice secluded background effect
for ya. As far as Cloe, I can be a set of hands since I work form the house these days
and you could always feel free to drive my seven passenger diesel to the show yourself too.
(you remember that vehicle the CurryWurst of our "timing belt fame" and "worst magnetic drainplug" award too.
Still shifting fine BTW if you don't hurry third.
C'mon down you got 5 days to work here under cover in the big ole garage too
Do you want to see some pics of the canned ham trailer and the proposed secluded area for you to meld with nature?
Let me know!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:47 am

weisswurst wrote:Colin, my new place (pleeeenty of room too) is 5 hours from the Lawfirm.
Please feel free to visit and stay with us as we miss you and I just bought my son
a quality used piano too! As I know you don't like to be indoors much we have
some fun and exciting options for you to reside in here too.
One great option is a restored 1960's Scotty Serro Sportsman trailer (I love Lucy style). I can park
it way out back by the spring where the cows and chickens are for nice secluded background effect
for ya. As far as Cloe, I can be a set of hands since I work form the house these days
and you could always feel free to drive my seven passenger diesel to the show yourself too.
(you remember that vehicle the CurryWurst of our "timing belt fame" and "worst magnetic drainplug" award too.
Still shifting fine BTW if you don't hurry third.
C'mon down you got 5 days to work here under cover in the big ole garage too
Do you want to see some pics of the canned ham trailer and the proposed secluded area for you to meld with nature?
Let me know!
I will never ever forget Currywurst, I still have Currywurst's broken synchronizer keys, every successful shift into 3rd gear is a physics-defying miracle.
What is not a miracle, however, is my "signature required" shipments from TMI and Wolfsburg West that I await . . .

I'd enjoy tuning the piano. And revisiting that unbelievable lunch you and your wife sprung on me.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:59 am

Amskeptic wrote: I will never ever forget Currywurst, I still have Currywurst's broken synchronizer keys, every successful shift into 3rd gear is a physics-defying miracle.
What is not a miracle, however, is my "signature required" shipments from TMI and Wolfsburg West that I await . . .

I'd enjoy tuning the piano. And revisiting that unbelievable lunch you and your wife sprung on me.
Colin
She want's to cook some more for you! (simple good kitchen here not like Miami)
I hope your packages come in time so we can see you, we are heading over to the show on Sat around noon or so to camp for the night and go into the show early Sunday.
I need an excuse to pull the trailer and WeissWurst out of the building so I can organize some shelves on the side of it so if you do come I can pull your sleeping rig out for you and park it back through the woods by the spring. Just give me a reason PLEASE!
(been putting off getting in there to pull out yard sale stuff and whatnot since we moved)
Going to post up some pics to inspire you to get those packages and do that 5 hour drive you can do in your sleep! (not literally please!) :cyclopsani:
Here goes!
Attachments
scotty tow.JPG

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:01 am

couple pics of the inside, that couch turns into a full bed too...
Attachments
scotty in 1.JPG

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:03 am

other side of the "canned ham" Scotty Serro Sportsman, dinette, too cute!
Attachments
scotty in 2.jpg

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:05 am

last inside pic, the modern-i-zation of the fridge and microwave area..
Attachments
scotty in 3.jpg

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:08 am

last one Colin, we can put it anywhere you like for a quiet spot but I like this one cause it's pretty far from the house and you have our "landlocked" spring right there to feed the fish and turtles (plus the cows are just over the fence and it's nice to hear them in the morning)
bring your fishin pole!
Attachments
spring dock.jpg

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Well, prepping to day to take the diesel Sinka to the bug jam and found this beauty for a drain plug, I did a semi-supervised oil change with my mechanic buddy who rebuilt the Doka and either didn't watch him well or it was like this already... (not likely me thinks! :pale: )
not sure if its some weird star bolt but it looks well chewed and stripped either way...
Attachments
photo 1.jpg

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:02 pm

ran it about 500 miles or so, since we changed the oil so I wanted that oil out anyway cause we got it hot fixing the radiator fan and replaced the thermostat here in August and you know how hot Florida gets in August :angryfire:
So I did it the Mercedes way and used that crappy hand transfer pump I had when Colin was here to manually pump out 4 out of 4.7 quarts from the giant (thank goodness) fill tube while the truck front was on ramps to push the oil back to the filler tube.
Worked pretty good so I changed to a nice new MANN black filter and even had time to pull the transaxle oil out too (yes after leveling it out of course). Special ordered old stock GL4 only gear oil from local Napa to save the brass in there!
here is the part number from the catalog if anyone is looking for the old non-stocked stuff..
Attachments
photo.jpg