Nehalem Bay

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:38 pm

Wow, look at that! I was hopin' that the forecast would change for Sat. night.....of course watch it rain on us two before pack up, ya know just enough to get everything nice and wet for the ride home....
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:32 pm

Be busy in the morning...see you hooligans soon :drunken:

:eviliac:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:09 am

Safe travels Spiff, see ya soon. Not much sleep last nite, Eva made her usual nocturnal rounds. It was nice waking up to a packed and shiny bus tho.
And I got the last 8 of that winter beer!
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

CoPilot

Post by CoPilot » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:22 am

T minus 4 hours...

hambone

Post by hambone » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:53 am

hambone

Post by hambone » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:54 am

CoPilot

Post by CoPilot » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:42 am

Houston this is Cubicle1 request liftoff...

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:28 pm

Houston, we have a problem - after finally getting it all together, I start blowing some white smoke going through Milwaukie and discover a good sized leak coming from the middle of the engine (underside) - I can't figure it out - I just got the bus back from her tuneup/service Thursday night, and of course she was running perfectly when I brought her in last week - and I thought she'll just be even better.........well, that hasn't panned out - so site A52 is all paid for if somebody wants it..........
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:19 pm

Update - don't give our spot away - we may make it after all.....
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:32 pm

Dammit...........A52 is back open for anyone who wants it.
Margaret

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:33 pm

I made it back. What a GREAT weekend! Fine weather, NO WIND!, approx 30 buses...good times. 'Ole Red ran great...except for 5 minutes on the way there, and 15 minutes on the way back....the 'ole sporatic buckity buck buck buck. All I could do was throw up my hands (while securing the wheel with my knee of course) and say "What the Buck?" I'll be checkin' my AFM per Jasan's suggestion...if that checks out OK I'll be crawlin' in here for some help. Dipstick read the same as when I left after 450 miles (yes, yes I checked it a few times) she didn't burn a drop. Wayne, Hal, Mary...Margaret...it just wasn't the same without ya. Still loads of fun :geek: but you were missed. :pale:
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:08 pm

Got home about 4:30 today. I took my time coming home and stopped in at Arcadia beach for some dog exercise and then Fort Stevens for some lunch and surf watching. The weather was fantastic, about 55°-60°, mostly sunny and hardly any wind. Can't believe this was February on the Oregon Coast. A nice leisurely drive back on hwy 30 and the bus didn't skip a beat. Me on the other hand is now achy with a 102° temperature. :pale: I hope I didn't spread the crud to anyone else. :pukeleft:

I was waiting for you to pull in Margaret but you weren't the only no show. Brian Tipsword also had some last minute mechanical problems and couldn't make it. A couple others were absent too. It sure was nice to see a majority of Baywindows this time around though.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:42 pm

Twas truly a beeeyutiful event.
Drive down was great and Jasan's bus runs so nice that you don't have any of that gassy smell while your eating his dust. (New engine indeed!)

Wierdest thing: we pulled in just before 4:20 and my watch stopped. Hmmm...wieeeeerd....

Anyway: Great mix of clear sky for a full moonpalooza Friday and misty drizzle for a Saturday expedition. Saw some wildlife poop and a few wildlifes.

The jams by the campfire came together for a coupla footstompin thodowns!

Beer, grub, great people.

Got a few great ideas for the camper.

The wagon ran well but didn't like starting after a day of rest in the cold and damp.

Here's a few snapshots.
I call this one felix and oscar for reasons that are obvious with a closer look.

"Bay Hunter of the northern spits"

"Spiffy"

"Fearless..."

and a movie (shot ala TV shockudrama -i.e.shaky camera).
(p.s.) no dogs were hurt during the filming of this short.
http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/ ... CI0021.flv

Tristessa and IFBWAX: you were missed.
Hambone, Spiffy, Copilot, Westy78, Deschutestrout: y'all's the cats pajamas.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...

Camping season in upon us.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:10 pm

Drat, I knew it would be nice down there.

We spent most of Saturday fighting with brazilian valve cover gaskets and finally gave up and threw in the towel - The bus blew so much smoke headed out 224 into town that I could've starred in a Cheech and Chong movie. Rolled into my mechanics shop which was conveniently close by, and helped him growl about shoddy parts while we fussed with the bus. She apparently sat down and dug in her heels, because she wasn't having any part of leaving the shop leak and smoke free. So we prevailed upon grandma to come fetch us and give the kids and I a ride back home. There were a few tears and I have promised to make another run at camping at the beach soon in the bus for the kids. They were bummed they didn't get to see their favorite people, and Jon and Jeans new baby if he was going.
Margaret

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:32 am

Dang! Hope ya get her de-cheeched or un-chonged.

Yeppers, it was a good time except the damn stubborn fire on Sat night, what did it take, 5 of us to get it going?

All yous guys are great.........for a bunch of girls!!!

nyuck nyuck.

Gypsie, lay off the paste man, that's sally's job :cyclopsani:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"