April campout in Covelo!

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:08 pm

Looking forward to meeting you guys and checking out your fine bays. See you all around 5:30 or thereafter. Thanks to Covelo for bringing you all up 101! Wish I could make the camp out, but this is a good close second.

Best of luck with the Bay Area weekend escape traffic.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

covelo
Old School!

Post by covelo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:38 pm

Dogs are very welcome! Sidney is staying home with Anke (who has to work), but all dogs are greatly appreciated. Lots of deer to chase, coyotes to get in trouble with, and poison oak to spread around in your bus and house. In short, a lot of fun for the puppies.
‘80 Vanagon Westfalia - 54,400 miles
'91 Toyota Pickup (4WD long bed) - 199,960 miles
1987 Alfa Spider Veloce - 166,400 miles
2017 VW E-Golf - 5,600 miles

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:37 pm

covelo wrote:Dogs are very welcome!
I guess I'll leave my cat at the boat then :joker: <It's okay, she's not the camping type>

So, I guess a rough plan is to meet at the parking lot in Healdsburg, then head up the rest of the way after. Would probably be a good ideal to get back on the road by 6:30 so we can get to Covelo before it gets dark, but that will depend on the traffic. No hurries, we will get there when we get there.
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:53 am

:thumbright: :thumbleft:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:35 pm

DjEep wrote::thumbright: :thumbleft:
Cool, so far so good. I'm not too sure what the plan is once we get there, but it sure will be nice to get outta here for a little while.

I'm pretty much gonna fend for myself food wise, but it would be nice to have a BBQ on Saturday night. I have a pretty good size one that I'm bringing up and will have charcoal, so if people want they can bring up there fav and we can have a grill fest.

Can't wait for this week to end :geek:
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

Hippopotabus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hippopotabus » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:29 pm

Ok so if folks cannot meet up at Heldsburg (traffic purposes) and cannot meet at the GATE the same time as Covelo (Hans)..... What is one to do to get the key for the gate.

I'll have my mountain bike and headlamp so I'm not worried but lets say someone doesn't have the key and the gate is locked?

Then what......
I have a pretty good size one that I'm bringing up and will have charcoal, so if people want they can bring up there fav and we can have a grill fest.
I'll be bringin my grill if we need it.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:09 pm

We stocked up at Rainbow, so we'll have soups, beans, pastas, cereals, and rice. Plus I'll grab some fruit, veggies and breads from the Market on friday. I'll also bring some ahi and/or salmon to share, for those who eat seafood. I've got plenty of fish to go around.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:30 pm

I went out last night and stocked up on some stuff too. Grilling up some seafood sounds like an excellent ideal for sat night. I just have to make a Trader Joe's run on the way out tomorrow to finish up the shopping.

Hippo...I can PM you my cell number and if your running late, you can give me a call with your ETA and we can make sure we get the gate open when you get there.

Hans...We need to know how to reach you so we can let you know when we will be there. Are we still on ?
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

covelo
Old School!

Post by covelo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:02 pm

sailorkh wrote: Hans...We need to know how to reach you so we can let you know when we will be there. Are we still on ?
Sorry to have been out of touch for a couple of days. You can call me at 415-608-6670 throughout the day tomorrow. Unless things have changed I do not have coverage on our property, but I do usually have coverage in town and I plan to make some trips there tomorrow afternoon. In any case I will be at the gate at 7pm to let people in. We can make a trip or two down there later in the evening to pick up stragglers, but since everyone seems to be arriving at roughly the same time, the best thing may be for all of you to coordinate in Healdsburg or elsewhere on the drive up, as suggested above. I am expecting jberger, withinthelaw, sailorkh, hippopotabus, dingo, and DJeep. So we'll make a few more trips down to the gate to make sure that everyone is accounted for. If everyone else is planning to join us, just let me know and we'll make sure to come get you.
‘80 Vanagon Westfalia - 54,400 miles
'91 Toyota Pickup (4WD long bed) - 199,960 miles
1987 Alfa Spider Veloce - 166,400 miles
2017 VW E-Golf - 5,600 miles

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:30 pm

See you tomorrow =D>
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:54 pm

See ya in the 'Burg. I'll call you on the way up tomorrow, Kris.

Hippopotabus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hippopotabus » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:01 pm

Hippo...I can PM you my cell number and if your running late, you can give me a call with your ETA and we can make sure we get the gate open when you get there.
:cheers: Cool send it.
can call me at 415-608-6670 throughout the day tomorrow.
I'll use it if needed. How is the Fire wood situation looking?

Thanks for setting things up. :bounce:

I'm going to wait for the old lady to get off work. We should be crossing the GG bridge around 5:30pm. If I don't meet up with ya at Healdsburg (which I'm really trying to do - COMMON TRAFFIC GODS!) then I'll ring Sailor once we get beyond Healdsburg.

Gonna be a hoot.

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:19 pm

Hay you mid-Cal bus folks ~ have a great time =D> Hans it was really nice of you to offer this up. Seems like So Cal is so full of the splittie attitude and alot of AC's it is not easy to get together. I will be meeting up with regalsser (Steve) in a mall parking lot next weds to pickup wide 5 rims to mount Arctic trip tires on. Maybe this will get me to a place and around vw folks Id rather be with.

Remember-three pointed leaflets w/ smooth or toothed edges.

Love Barb :flower:
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:20 pm

Man, I was so tempted to go to this gathering to meet some of you... even though I think your all Bay owners and I am a Syncro and Splittie owner. If Syncro De Mayo was not next week, I would have joined the fun. I leave for that Thursday next week and need this weekend to get ready and all. Maybe next time. I was also thinking about doing that Madera VW Show but same thing, I need this weekend to do all my stuff.

So, hope you all have a great time!

tj
--------------------------------------------------
"As smart as I can be, the dumber I can become."

tj (the amishman)

Visit my web site if you can.
http://www.vwhippie.com

Come see more pictures and videos of my rides at!
http://www.flixya.com/user/amishman

jberger
Getting Hooked!

Post by jberger » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:51 pm

Amish,

I am charging a syncro to Hans' this weekend..... Just finished up the bunk bed cots five minutes ago, plenty of room for the six of us.

Withinthelaw and myself (and fam) will be heading out of SF around 2:00 2:30 and should run smack dab in the middle of Friday afternoon traffic. That should put us at the gate around 7:30 or 8:00.