April campout in Covelo!

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue May 01, 2007 9:01 am

Yeah, we waited patiently for one of only 2 pumps, but since the filler is on the passenger side in a bus, and most cars have it on the drivers side, a mustang swooped in on the pump as the previous customer drove away. Then he got out 2 gas cans and went into the store for a while.

At the other pump, which probably would have reached with some stretching, a big van had pulled up and the driver opened both[/i[] his fillers, then proceeded back to the cab for god knows what. Still hadn't touched the pump.

Mustang owner finally appeared with a 30 pack of Bud and started to fill his cans. Then he finished and got in. But didn't go anywhere. A few minutes later another person came out of the store with another 30 pack of Bud :pukeleft: . They dawdled long enough forme to really start seething. Then some more.

Finally they left, and a minivan came flying around the back of the place, and right in behind the mustang! I had had it and charged at the van, horn blarin'. didn't let off until she put it in reverse and backed that ass outta there. Then she yelled at us for "being so rude."

Don't mess with a tired, dusty, outta-gas, bus-drivin', city slicker at the pump. :pirate:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue May 01, 2007 9:06 am

DjEep wrote:I had had it and charged at the van, horn blarin'. didn't let off until she put it in reverse and backed that ass outta there.....
Don't mess with a tired, dusty, outta-gas, bus-drivin', city slicker at the pump. :pirate:
It was likely the working-horn-on-a-bus phenomenon that scared her off....

Impressive!
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue May 01, 2007 10:06 am

Huh.

It took about 2 miles of headlight flashin' for the hippo to get me to pull over for the stop at the Eel. A simple honk-honk woulda done it... :blackeye:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Hippopotabus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hippopotabus » Tue May 01, 2007 10:31 am

:blackeye: Dude I know. One of these day's I'll fix that horn.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue May 01, 2007 10:53 am

Viking in Novato has a basket full of em for like $11. That's where geri's came from.

Hippopotabus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hippopotabus » Tue May 01, 2007 11:56 am

I guess my problem is trying to figure out the damn short in the wiring. I know that there is some trick on how to run the wire at the base of the column. The current wire is shorting out and I need to figure out how to fix that.

Problem: once I attach the wire to the base (connector) the horn stays on permentently. Rrrrrrr

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed May 02, 2007 5:54 am

We'll try and figgur that out on Sunday. :cyclopsani: (you've been reminded)

Hippopotabus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hippopotabus » Wed May 02, 2007 9:10 am

Dude I'm game! Wanna meet at the beach?

covelo
Old School!

Post by covelo » Wed May 02, 2007 11:14 am

Here are a few more pictures (from withinthelaw):

‘80 Vanagon Westfalia - 54,400 miles
'91 Toyota Pickup (4WD long bed) - 199,960 miles
1987 Alfa Spider Veloce - 166,400 miles
2017 VW E-Golf - 5,600 miles

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed May 02, 2007 6:05 pm

What's up with the "Covelo?" That's cool!

bretski
Ellipsis-Meister
Ellipsis-Meister

Post by bretski » Wed May 02, 2007 7:32 pm

covelo wrote: Image

Those are fantastic photos! :cheers:
1978 Deluxe Westfalia - "Klaus"

"transcripts are overrated. hardware store receipts: those are useful." --skin daddio

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed May 02, 2007 7:48 pm

Hippopotabus wrote:Dude I'm game! Wanna meet at the beach?
Barring nuclear war, I'll be there around 4pm. That or if the engine pull we have planned for Geri Lou this wkend doesn't go as smooth as planned. Then you can invite everyone to my place for an engine install party instead. :geek:

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Wed May 02, 2007 7:50 pm

DjEep wrote:
Hippopotabus wrote:Dude I'm game! Wanna meet at the beach?
Barring nuclear war, I'll be there around 4pm. That or if the engine pull we have planned for Geri Lou this wkend doesn't go as smooth as planned. Then you can invite everyone to my place for an engine install party instead. :geek:
Let me know if you need any help this weekend. Have floorjack, will travel :geek:
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

covelo
Old School!

Post by covelo » Wed May 02, 2007 10:37 pm

DjEep wrote:What's up with the "Covelo?" That's cool!
We wrote that with a flash light. Here is another cool example of this technique:

‘80 Vanagon Westfalia - 54,400 miles
'91 Toyota Pickup (4WD long bed) - 199,960 miles
1987 Alfa Spider Veloce - 166,400 miles
2017 VW E-Golf - 5,600 miles

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:35 pm

covelo wrote:
DjEep wrote:What's up with the "Covelo?" That's cool!
We wrote that with a flash light. Here is another cool example of this technique:

I

I love that! Night time long shutter photos are my favorite to take. What ISO speed and exposure length did you use? How exactly do you do it with the flashlight?
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.