April campout in Covelo!

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:53 am

Oh shit, I just realized we'll be heading north on 101 right @ rush hour on friday. So add another hour at least. Maybe no time for a beer, but we can stll say hello... :pale: I love Racer 5....
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:22 am

DjEep wrote:Oh shit, I just realized we'll be heading north on 101 right @ rush hour on friday. So add another hour at least. Maybe no time for a beer, but we can stll say hello... :pale: I love Racer 5....
That's why I want to bail outta here a bit earlier to beat the rush. I have no problem chillin in a parking lot, but locked in with a zillion SUV's on a friday sucks exhaust!! Hope your trip isn't too bad on friday, and I'll see you in Healdsburg!
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

Hippopotabus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hippopotabus » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:18 am

I'm planning on heading out of here around 2 on friday. Healdsburg sounds like a cool place to hang untill Dj gets there. I'll probably head home on sunday afternoon as well.
Hey guys - Let me know by the end of the week what time's you're leaving. I'd like to try and meet up so for once I can caravan with a group of buses and not a group of non buses :pukeleft: .

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:13 pm

Hippopotabus wrote:
I'm planning on heading out of here around 2 on friday. Healdsburg sounds like a cool place to hang untill Dj gets there. I'll probably head home on sunday afternoon as well.
Hey guys - Let me know by the end of the week what time's you're leaving. I'd like to try and meet up so for once I can caravan with a group of buses and not a group of non buses :pukeleft: .
With that smokin new engine you have I don't know if we could keep up with you =D>

Will have to try and set up some timing this week
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

Hippopotabus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hippopotabus » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:13 pm

With that smokin new engine you have I don't know if we could keep up with you

Will have to try and set up some timing this week
Not even buddy! Like spiderman's grandmother said, "with great power comes great responsibility". With that noted, I only use the power when needed (i.e. blowing buy an SUV driver who is on the phone or changing out a DVD for the rugrats in the back). Other then that it's 60 to 65mph.

Closer we get to the end of the week let me know Kris.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:04 am

Through the magic of Google, we could pick a parking lot to meet in.

Hopefully we can get through San Rafael before the rush really starts. Then the next hotspot is Santa Rosa.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:50 am

DjEep wrote:Through the magic of Google, we could pick a parking lot to meet in.
If you all are game for Healdsburg, I'd recommend the large parking lot just west of the Bear Republic. It's not as nice as parking around the square, but would be a great deal easier to actually park the buses together.

Bear Republic Brewery
345 Healdsburg Ave. 95448
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:10 am

the one in the middle of this pic?
[albumimg]756[/albumimg]

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:18 am

DjEep wrote:the one in the middle of this pic?
That's the one. The southern half of the parking lot has been appropriated by the Hotel Healdsburg to better serve the wealthy clientele that are too lazy and/or self-important to park their own cars. The northern half is still available to the locals and the common tourist. There's a creek that runs along the east side of the parking lot with a bridge about midway. Nice grassy area to chill on the east side of the creek next to the Bear.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:20 am

Alrighty, we shall burn one there... :flower:

Hippopotabus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hippopotabus » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:15 am

What time is everyone talking about meeting?

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:35 am

Hippopotabus wrote:What time is everyone talking about meeting?
I'm free between about 5:30 and 7. After 7 I'll need to get on home to get the little munchkin ready for bed. She turns into a grumpy pumpkin much past 7:30 and nobody likes hanging out with a grumpy pumpkin.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:31 pm

I'm hoping to get to healdburg between 5-6, traffic gods permitting.

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:33 pm

DjEep wrote:Alrighty, we shall burn one there... :flower:
Sounds good to me :flower:
Hippopotabus wrote:What time is everyone talking about meeting?
I should be there around 4:00 or so, and we should be heading out a while after Dj gets there.
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

Hippopotabus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hippopotabus » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:32 pm

I should be there around 4:00 or so, and we should be heading out a while after Dj gets there.
So if I get on the road at 4pm (heading over the GG) I should make Heldsburg around........ (hmmmm scratching head sound)........ 10pm :joker:

I should be there around 5:30pm hopefully. God knows that San Rafel is the grind to slow this all down.

edit - Hans what's the deal on Dogs? Not sure if I'm gonna bring mine but you say the word and I'll leave her home. No biggy just curious.