Ford Ranger fuel pump substitute for Bosch fuel pump for FI

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Re: Ford Ranger fuel pump substitute for Bosch fuel pump for

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Fri May 01, 2015 7:57 am

I pulled the Lincoln into the garage when I pulled out the bus the other day. Seriously thinking of leaving it parked in the garage for the remainder of the summer, and alternating between the Harley and the bus. The only down side is, I'm not too keen on leaving the bus out in the rain. I've got some minor surface rust around the windshield, and a few other places....that have stayed minor for the 10 years I've owned it, as it is always garage kept. I know I need to fix, but realistically, may not happen until fall.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Ford Ranger fuel pump substitute for Bosch fuel pump for

Post by Amskeptic » Sat May 02, 2015 5:44 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:I pulled the Lincoln into the garage when I pulled out the bus the other day. Seriously thinking of leaving it parked in the garage for the remainder of the summer, and alternating between the Harley and the bus. The only down side is, I'm not too keen on leaving the bus out in the rain. I've got some minor surface rust around the windshield, and a few other places....that have stayed minor for the 10 years I've owned it, as it is always garage kept. I know I need to fix, but realistically, may not happen until fall.
(Read up on our windshield removals/bondo/paint/reinstall procedures, they are doable in a weekend.
Colin)
(in parentheses because it is rather parenthetical to fuel pumps)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles