Injector firing order?

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

tractoman
Getting Hooked!

Injector firing order?

Post by tractoman » Sun May 05, 2013 10:19 am

I replaced my fuel and vacuum hoses yesterday. When reconnecting the injectors it occurred to me that I thought I read that all the injectors fire together. Seemed odd though. It took some cranking until the bus fired up after replacing everything and I wondered if I plugged the injectors in wrong. Maybe it just needed to fill all the new fuel hose. My 75 has about 12-14 feet of rubber hose on it. Finally fired up and runs like normal. I just didn't remember cranking so long last time I replaced fuel lines.
Thanks,
Mike
'75 Westy

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Re: Injector firing order?

Post by SlowLane » Sun May 05, 2013 1:59 pm

tractoman wrote: it occurred to me that I thought I read that all the injectors fire together. Seemed odd though. It took some cranking until the bus fired up after replacing everything and I wondered if I plugged the injectors in wrong.
They do all fire together. Mis-connecting the injectors isn't a concern.

I guess it might be possible to put too much strain on one of the connector leads by pulling it too far in an attempt to plug it into the "wrong" injector, and thereby setting the connector up for incidental disconnection. But the way the harness lays should pretty much give you a hint when this is happening.
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun May 05, 2013 10:51 pm

It sometimes does take a few seconds to prime everything again. What I like to do after a fuel line re-hose is to run the pump for a second, usually by opening the flapper on the AFM, until the flow sounds smooth.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:00 am

DjEep wrote:It sometimes does take a few seconds to prime everything again. What I like to do after a fuel line re-hose is to run the pump for a second, usually by opening the flapper on the AFM, until the flow sounds smooth.
If there are air pockets between the rail and the injector, there will be some rough running until the air works out.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles