Fuel Pressure Sensor

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

luftvagon
Old School!

Fuel Pressure Sensor

Post by luftvagon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm interested in putting a FPS on my Vanagon. 1988 Jetta's sensor looks very interesting "802 54061 323". It would be way cool if I knew the threads on both items cyl3,4 fuel line nipple and the sensor. It would be nice to mate these together, and have a nice cabin fuel pressure read-out. Comments?
1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia - air-cooled Type4 1970cc CV (hydraulic lifters, 42x36 valves, stock cam, microSquirt FI with wasted spark ignition)
1993 Ford F-250 XL LWB Extended Cab 7.3L IDI

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Re: Fuel Pressure Sensor

Post by SlowLane » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:43 pm

The size of the threaded hole on the fuel rail test port is pretty darned small. I don't know that you'd be able to find a hose or pipe fitting that would work well there. It would probably be easier to just clamp a bit of fuel hose on it and make up a hose adaptor for the sensor. You might need to provide a ground connection for the sensor body, then.

Which brings us to the next point: have you found any information at all on that sensor as to what sort of signal it provides, or over what pressure range it's good for? A Google search of that part number only turns up stores offering to sell one. I couldn't find any technical information at all.
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

luftvagon
Old School!

Post by luftvagon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:26 am

I haven't -- that's why I posted here. Maybe someobody has done this with a different sensor?
1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia - air-cooled Type4 1970cc CV (hydraulic lifters, 42x36 valves, stock cam, microSquirt FI with wasted spark ignition)
1993 Ford F-250 XL LWB Extended Cab 7.3L IDI

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Post by SlowLane » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:01 am

Not to cramp the spirit of DIY, but have you looked at this pressure gauge kit?
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:42 pm

:angryfire: I call it an unnecessary failure point that runs the risk of :angryfire: burning :angryfire: your jewel down to the ground. :angryfire:
:angryfire: Colin :angryfire:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles