1977 front seat reupholster question

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

cheesehead
Getting Hooked!

Re: 1977 front seat reupholster question

Post by cheesehead » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:30 am

What a pain in the ass but what nice results. It is just not warm enough here yet to bake them in the sun BUT the "solar" heated car worked like a charm:) What got me through the final back bit of the seat bottom (hardest part) were two clamps they worked great to squeeze the springs tighter so I could get that edge flipped and slid into the seat bottom. UGH. One down one to go. BUT I striped the other seat and bummer a railing and three springs are busted. No wonder the seat sounded and felt like crap. SO now I need a new seat bottom 211 881 303D anyone???
I have sent a request to bustedbus but I thought maybe someone here may also be able to help.
I know these seats are not original to my bus because the plaid does not match, my back seat/bed is the yellow plaid and the front was the green plaid and I have a yellow bus...wonder where Clementine's seats went?
By the way I did the bug with the coco pads from WW and did these in the bus with the dense foam I have to say my vote is strongly for the foam.