Turn signal lens

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Turn signal lens

Post by Sylvester » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:00 am

My driver's side literally fall apart and looks terrible. I know this is from India and all, but I am not restoring Sam, and thought I would see if they are any good.

Ordered, will see what I get.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Krap. They don't fit right and fade.
Bah.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:15 pm

They fit, although not well. Even if they fade and crumble, they will be better than what I had on one side, close to nuthin! Rubber underneath looks like crap though.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:27 pm

They work OK, and I recommend a new rubber seal while you're at it.
Just get them and use them until you can find some cherry used Hellas.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: Turn signal lens

Post by Sylvester » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:41 am

One year later still look good.

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:27 pm

Sylvester wrote:One year later still look good.
That's a matter of opinion. I would say that you have put on a little weight in a year. The turn signal lenses look OK, however.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:50 am

static wrote:
Sylvester wrote:One year later still look good.
That's a matter of opinion. I would say that you have put on a little weight in a year. The turn signal lenses look OK, however.
I just saw this, and the weight gain is from the stress of the job, 15 pounds in 1 1/2 years to be exact. However the lenses have held up well, and that is the important point to this posting!